• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Boot lights

Hi All, sorry for the delay, the original bulb is 30mm in size. If you ordered a 31mm bulb it should fit fine as one of the contacts is flexable. I ordered the 36mm 6 LED and had the bend the flex contact a bit but it did fit! The original bulb gets hot quickly so use a cloth when removing it so you dont burn your fingers, its a bit of a faf putting the new bulb back in especially if you have to bend the contacts but it will go in eventually!
Thank you, much appreciated!

Thanks for sharing. Is it necessary to disconnect the negative battery terminal before changing the bulb as per manual handbook?

I just got them both on Ebay:

Cool White Festoon 31 - 39 mm C5W LED CAN Bus Error Free C10W Licence/Interior | eBay
C5W LED Bulb

TAILORED PVC BOOT LINER MAT TRAY for MG ZS EV since 2019

The bulb was easy to swap out, if you get a really small flat screw driver and put it in the side nearer the driver, it leavers out towards you as you are standing at the boot. Just disconnect the cable, swap the bulb and reverse the process. If you've done it right the bulb will light up straight away
I've just picked up my trophy and my rear boot light is LED as standard

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom