Driving
MG ZS EV
For some reason when I use the key to lock the doors the boot does not lock
i thought the boot button would lock and close but that does not work
has anyone had the same problem or am I doing something wrong

Try it when you don't have the key on you (Or have the key in a Faraday pouch)

If it's like my 5 and the ZS i had as a courtesy car it can detect the proximity of the key and will unlock when you hit the button.

Are you sure it is not locking ?.
If you lock the car and then go around to the back of the car and you have the key still in your pocket, you WILL be able to open the boot !.
Lock the car, then take the key out of range of the car, then try opening the boot !.
See - it is still locked !.

This is handy, if you have returned to the car with shopping bags.
With the key in still your pocket, you will be able to lift up the MG badge and enter the boot.
Place your shopping in the boot and close it, now the boot will re-lock ( as seen by a single flash of the rear lights ).
All of the doors are still locked when you open the boot by this method.
Use the remote IF you want to open the ALL of the car from a distance or the buttons on the front doors is you are close by.

All is sorted I realised that the boot lock auto when you walk a few metres away .got confused that every time I went all to the boot it automatically unlocked. I’m learning about this car every time I drive it thanks for the help everyone. just wish MgG would have told me before I picked up the car

All is sorted I realised that the boot lock auto when you walk a few metres away .got confused that every time I went all to the boot it automatically unlocked. I’m learning about this car every time I drive it thanks for the help everyone. just wish MgG would have told me before I picked up the car
As I was upgrading from a ZS EV ( Gen1 ) into a ZS EV LR ( Gen 2 ) my handover lasted about 20 minutes.
A lot of that them was spent sorted out the paper work and payment for the car.
The sales person and I “binded” the via the App on my phone and that was it !.
As I had owned the Gen1 version for over two years, it was taken for granted that U knew my way around the car and its features.
Quickest hand over ever !.
More help given by members of the forum.

Don't know why car manufacturers can't compile new customer video's available online that take you through all car functions. Save dealers a fortune in time and customers can access before arrival of car. They really are out of sync with technological opportunities.

I read the manual from start to finish. A lot of tech i needed to understand. My other car is a low tech 2008 Nissan patrol :)

I wish it said officially that it had the LFP battery because from day one I've been treating it like a NCM type battery without knowing any better. It's only through forums and such that I've learned that.

Don't know why car manufacturers can't compile new customer video's available online that take you through all car functions. Save dealers a fortune in time and customers can access before arrival of car. They really are out of sync with technological opportunities.
Jerry Pan, an MG Dealer in NZ does loads of videos on YouTube on the MGZS EV functions.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom