Rolfe

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Sorry I've not been around for a few days. Back soon, promise.

I just thought older hands might want to hear this one. A day or two ago I was having a bit of a stupid argument with someone who seemed to be saying you had to pay £60,000 for an EV. In the middle of it I posted a photo of my car, one I have posted on the forum a few times. That turned the discussion to the MG4, and then this happened.

1701652524736.png

I thought he'd blocked me, but maybe he unblocked. Since I use the same avatar here and on Twitter, I thought his observational skills weren't so hot.

Without going through all the previous relevant posts, was it established what the problem with his car was, and which software update solved it? I was under the impression he had a new motor fitted and BMS modules. ( George Bush, " you can run, but you can,t hide".)

@Rolfe , some people appear to have had the issue resolved (that Bowfer had). I also have the same issue that has not been resolved, so it's not accurate to infer that MG has a handle on this and a complete 100% resolution for all cars exists

Without going through all the previous relevant posts, was it established what the problem with his car was, and which software update solved it? I was under the impression he had a new motor fitted and BMS modules. ( George Bush, " you can run, but you can,t hide".)
The symptoms were established, though no resolution was found, as is the same with my car. I believe he did have a new motor and BMS update

Fair enough. I was just tickled pink when he suddenly parachuted into that thread with his "everybody is rejecting their MG4s" line.
To be fair to the guy, he went through a lot of stress. I've given up on mine (for now) for the same reason, and trying to reject the car added a whole new layer of complexity. To be honest, I feel a bit of sympathy toward him and understand why he may have a bitter taste left from his MG experience.

Did you not ask hm how his Born was getting along? ;)

He blocked me almost immediately, though he seems to have unblocked me again. I did suggest he should enjoy the car he has and put it behind him. He called me a tedious old bat or something like that. I suspect with this exchange of pleasantries, the block may be reapplied!

I had a lot of sympathy with him originally. I am enormously glad nothing like that happened to me. But by the time Stuart asked him to stop bad-mouthing the car and encouraging people to reject their cars, and he refused, so Stuart banned him, I was quite tired of it.

He was nowhere near that conversation until that moment. It was David Parsons being anti-EV and a few people challenging his assertions. Then the minute Parsons said "base MG4", up pops Bowfer from nowhere (I didn't even know he was on Twitter) with his line about huge numbers of these cars being rejected, as if it's so notorious that buyers are avoiding second-hand models! Does he have an alert set up or something?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back