BP Pulse Super Charging hub Near the NEC

Dave (takes it on) has done a vid about this, BP bullshit really, they have created a small hub of 150kW chargers near the NEC and the NEC has agreed to them installing 150 7kW destination chargers within their car park. Although I agree installing destination chargers is a really good idea, I really like the idea of visiting somewhere that I can hook up the car for a couple of hours while visiting.

Dave (takes it on) has done a vid about this, BP bullsh*t really, they have created a small hub of 150kW chargers near the NEC and the NEC has agreed to them installing 150 7kW destination chargers within their car park. Although I agree installing destination chargers is a really good idea, I really like the idea of visiting somewhere that I can hook up the car for a couple of hours while visiting.
I prefer his view on it compared to 'Dave takes it on' though, slightly more positive. It would have been nicer if it was someone other than BP but I'm not complaining about a handy (but pricey) 16 CCS rapid chargers in that location.
I will be travelling that way shortly and was aiming to charge around Worcester a bit further on, but may call in for a look see.

I will be travelling that way shortly and was aiming to charge around Worcester a bit further on, but may call in for a look see.
Blackpole off J6 is my favourite charging stop near Worcester. 2 Osprey chargers and a nice pub while you wait.

Blackpole off J6 is my favourite charging stop near Worcester. 2 Osprey chargers and a nice pub while you wait.
That was my original thought, but looking for alternatives as well. I have always found Osprey reliable but expensive at the moment. Even if it's only a penny or two different, being an adopted Yorkie I always look for value :)

That was my original thought, but looking for alternatives as well. I have always found Osprey reliable but expensive at the moment. Even if it's only a penny or two different, being an adopted Yorkie I always look for value :)
Agree about the cost, but I do so little rapid charging, that sometimes it's worth it just for the covenience. A few miles on from Blackpole is the 50kW Pod-Point rapid at Lidl at Claines. I've used that one a couple of times but there's only one so it's hit and miss as to if it's in use.

Yet more information on charging on the NEC BP plus’s Gig a hub from Matt at GoGreen autos with lots more about cost for charging and parking make sure your sat down before you watch well done Matt
Les

Agree about the cost, but I do so little rapid charging, that sometimes it's worth it just for the covenience. A few miles on from Blackpole is the 50kW Pod-Point rapid at Lidl at Claines. I've used that one a couple of times but there's only one so it's hit and miss as to if it's in use.
I'm the same Ive tried numerous different public large points in anticipation of a longer trip this month but none of it has been essential. Even today's 185 mile round trip was comfortably within the range of my car but I added 14% at a Tesla V4, just to try it out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom