Brake Caliper Covers?

tonybridge

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I love the orange brake calipers on the new XPower, but discovered this evening that they are in fact covers. I’ve just ordered a Trophy in Camden Grey and would love green calipers - i’ve looked online for a source of green covers, to no avail. Does anyone know of a source?

I love the orange brake calipers on the new XPower, but discovered this evening that they are in fact covers. I’ve just ordered a Trophy in Camden Grey and would love green calipers - i’ve looked online for a source of green covers, to no avail. Does anyone know of a source?
Ali Express should maybe have them , they've got everything else 🤔

They actually have it

But they are very expensive for some reason!
They look different to the XPower covers, there are 2 set screws on the face of the XPower?
Be careful out there

1689670158582.png

X-Power has uprated brakes with bigger discs, so they are bound to look different. What @Tommasov posted was replacement calliper covers for the normal MG4. (They're metal as I assume they replace the existing calliper covers rather than clip on top).

They look great, thanks! I was looking for covers, not realising that you could get the real thing... - question is, how safe might they be? 🤫
Well, they are covers, not the caliper itself. As @Robf said they are different design from xpower, but they look great especially green. They should be safe, the mechanism seems solid.

OIC, I got the wrong end of the stick, thought these were the calipers themselves! I thought I had blue calipers on my M-Sport Beemer, but now see that they are indeed metal covers. The green aluminum ones on ALiExpress look great, and I could swallow the £100+ that they are asking, but not the £50+ delivery charge! And, as my other half very sensibly pointed out, you probably wouldn't even see them unless you took off the aero-covers from the wheels (she said, rolling her eyes - but she doesn't understand really!)

OIC, I got the wrong end of the stick, thought these were the calipers themselves! I thought I had blue calipers on my M-Sport Beemer, but now see that they are indeed metal covers. The green aluminum ones on ALiExpress look great, and I could swallow the £100+ that they are asking, but not the £50+ delivery charge! And, as my other half very sensibly pointed out, you probably wouldn't even see them unless you took off the aero-covers from the wheels (she said, rolling her eyes - but she doesn't understand really!)
Believe it or not she is absolutely correct, if your leaving the aero-covers on save your money.

Definitely better with the aero covers on the alloys are extremely dated on their own

I had actual red brake callipers on my GTi, but they got pretty dirty and unless you're an obsessive detailing nut I would think that would happen to the covers too. After a while I barely noticed they were there. When I had to have a new brake assembly (long story, a wheel fell off) I got quite a shock looking at the bright red calliper.

I had actual red brake callipers on my GTi, but they got pretty dirty and unless you're an obsessive detailing nut I would think that would happen to the covers too. After a while I barely noticed they were there. When I had to have a new brake assembly (long story, a wheel fell off) I got quite a shock looking at the bright red calliper.
I don’t think cleaning your wheels and brake callipers occasionally eg once a month so that you get the brake dust off makes you ”an obsessive detailing nut”.…..

I happen to be an obsessive detailer but that’s irrelevant here 😉

I don’t think cleaning your wheels and brake callipers occasionally eg once a month so that you get the brake dust off makes you ”an obsessive detailing nut”.…..

I happen to be an obsessive detailer but that’s irrelevant here 😉
Oh my, monthly?
Why? 😀

I never had the wheels off my ZS in the nearly 3 years I owned it, neither did the dealers I suspect due to the low mileage.

I never had the wheels off my ZS in the nearly 3 years I owned it, neither did the dealers I suspect due to the low mileage.
For clarity I did not suggest taking wheels off once a month. My original comment was re keeping wheels, callipers or calliper covers clean which does not require wheel removal.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back