brake light failure (Red) not possible too reset

Cstef

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
hello today this afternoon I had brakes light coming on red color and yellow triangle tried to reset the car several times with no succes . I have put the car to the dealer they gone read out the software , and hopefully they gone solved the problem. I also check the brake oil level and it was ok . get also text error message from the car too.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4447.png
    IMG_4447.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 134
hello today this afternoon I had brakes light coming on red color and yellow triangle tried to reset the car several times with no succes . I have put the car to the dealer they gone read out the software , and hopefully they gone solved the problem. I also check the brake oil level and it was ok . get also text error message from the car too.
That's "brake system malfunction" in English, could be an auto-hold fault or something more serious. If auto-hold might be sticking brakes due to lack of lubricant/usage.

It looks a lot like the ubiquitous auto-hold fault, which simply goes away on its own.

I got it quite often in the first week or so I had the car, but practically never after that. I used to think it was caused by pressing the brake pedal too soon after sitting in the seat, but I've done that loads of times and not had the fault.

I'd have said I'd never had it after the first couple of weeks, until about a week ago when it suddenly happened again. It was pouring with rain so I wasn't inclined to get out of the car to start again, when hopefully the fault would clear, so I just drove home without the auto-hold. Oh dear, I had to keep my foot on the brake at traffic lights.

The next time I got in the car the fault didn't reappear and it hasn't happened again. I'm inclined to ignore it completely, althoug if it was happening every day or two I might think differently.

Update , the car went 3 days @dealership , they did various updates especially
for the brakes and auto hold , also they did een airco update too , first impression I think the airco is less aggressive ambient temperature I can set it too 21 degrees without freezing out of the car before I have to set To 23@24 degrees only feet and window 21° on auto works fine know.
I ask why I still have R30 software and Not R33 they did not released yet for my country .

It's interesting that the air-con has an update.
By the time mine goes in for its first service it'll take them days with all the updates that need doing.

It's interesting that the air-con has an update.
By the time mine goes in for its first service it'll take them days with all the updates that need doing.
Ian , I was thinking the same , I usually get my cars serviced on a Saturday morning, going to take a week to install all the updates. 😂

I am wondering how many dealers will bother installing all the updates. Ideally they all would install all of them but it is seems that there are often issues and it takes longer than the time they get paid for by MG.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back