Bacarelle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
In addition to the MG4 which my wife drives, I also own a Skoda Enyaq.
In the Enyaq, the "HOLD" parking brake works and is displayed on the control panel when it is applied and this applies whether the vehicle is in forward or reverse mode.
However, in the MG4 there appears to be no visual indication that the "Hold" parking brake is engaged and also, despite pressing the footbrake numerous times, the "Hold" facility only appears to work in forward mode and not reverse. Is that right ?
Secondly, when the regenerative braking is working, the only indication is the "feel" of braking when the accelerator pedal is eased off. Should there be a visual indicator that regenerative braking is working (as is the case of the Enyaq) ?

In the Enyaq, the "HOLD" parking brake works and is displayed on the control panel when it is applied and this applies whether the vehicle is in forward or reverse mode.
However, in the MG4 there appears to be no visual indication that the "Hold" parking brake is engaged and also, despite pressing the footbrake numerous times, the "Hold" facility only appears to work in forward mode and not reverse. Is that right ?
Secondly, when the regenerative braking is working, the only indication is the "feel" of braking when the accelerator pedal is eased off. Should there be a visual indicator that regenerative braking is working (as is the case of the Enyaq) ?

I don't use Auto-hold so can't help with that, but the Regen braking is shown via the percentage in the bottom right corner of your dashboard screen.

It will show power % as a minus figure when Regen braking is working .. eg -18% power

The auto hold is shown below the speed as a white A and changes to a green A when it's engaged. Make sure you've got it switched on in the settings. Not sure if it works in reverse as I haven't tried it.

Regen is shown at the bottom right of the drivers screen as a plus or minus number next to the strength of regen selected

But the brake selection is shown on the central drivers screen. White, Green and Red depending on whether your foot is off, on and the brake pressed to engage the hand brake.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back