Brand New Tonight!

Here’s mine Trophy Black SR collected 01/06/22
16CED38B-8CD9-4B5C-9B58-63E3BF6471F9.jpeg

We're in the same boat then. At this stage it's only people sharing photos ect, that reminds me why I ordered the car.

Here’s mine Trophy Black SR collected 01/06/22
View attachment 8762
I love it! 😍 This is my favourite colour in the range - I like the stealthy look & the daytime running lights. I think this facelift ZS looks more expensive than it is.

I was tempted by silver, but it wasn't as deep a colour as the website suggests.

We're in the same boat then. At this stage it's only people sharing photos ect, that reminds me why I ordered the car.

I love it! 😍 This is my favourite colour in the range - I like the stealthy look & the daytime running lights. I think this facelift ZS looks more expensive than it is.

I was tempted by silver, but it wasn't as deep a colour as the website suggests.
Haha well black is my fave colour too. Behind the ZS is my old car Mokka, will be going soon to its new owner.
I am planning to have my rear windows tinted at 20%, install glossy shark fin aerial and wind deflectors very soon.

I am planning to have my rear windows tinted at 20%, install glossy shark fin aerial and wind deflectors very soon.
That'll look great! If you have a good result with the tints, please do share a company recommendation. I'm planning on tints too, & changing the aerial - I'm not a fan of the whip style.

I am planning to have my rear windows tinted at 20%,
👍
I went for 15% in the rear side windows and 30% ( darker ) on the rear windscreen.
Why ?.
Well I had my Gen1 model done from the “A” pillar back in the darker 30% which did a great job, but because the Gen1 had NO tint at all, when you looked at the car side on, the difference between the front side glass and rear side glass was extremely noticeable.
When it was raining 🌧 it looked even more noticeable.
The new face lift has a very slight “tint” on delivery.
I wanted the tint to be more graduated on its side profile this time and therefore less severe.
The local tint guy I used, has been tinting windows for almost 20 years now.
He recommended I went for 30% but said that it WILL look more natural with a gradual tint increase, when looking at the car from the side view.
I trusted my gut reaction and went for 15% on the side glass and 30% on the rear screen.
I was really pleased with the result !.
The slow graduation looks brilliant.
If you go very dark on the rear side windows, especially on the Gen1 version, with glass being totally clear, it can give the visual impression of a “Cut & Shut” from the side profile 🤣.
My tint guy refuses to tint side glass from the “B” post forward.
He told me:- “If you want that doing, then you need to go to Global, I will not tint front glass.
The tint will be darker at night and when it rains, worth considering this as well !.

Last edited:
That'll look great! If you have a good result with the tints, please do share a company recommendation. I'm planning on tints too, & changing the aerial - I'm not a fan of the whip style.
Sure. Initially I am looking at globaltints.co.uk (recommended on this forum) but their pricing is not accurate e.g. my friends nissan qashqai paid £170 as his car is classified as hatchback type, when I asked a quote for my ZS which is a bit shorter than qashqai, the price is £210 becase they told me it’s a “luxury” SUV😛

👍
I went for 15% in the rear side windows and 30% ( darker ) on the rear windscreen.
Why ?.
Well I had my Gen1 model done from the “A” pillar back in the darker 30% which did a great job, but because the Gen1 had NO tint at all, when you looked at the car side on, the difference between the front side glass and rear side glass was extremely noticeable.
When it was raining 🌧 it looked even more noticeable.
The new face lift has a very slight “tint” on delivery.
I wanted the tint to be more graduated on its side profile this time and therefore less severe.
The local tint guy I used, has been tinting windows for almost 20 years now.
He recommended I went for 30% but said that it WILL look more natural with a gradual tint increase, when looking at the car from the side view.
I trusted my gut reaction and went for 15% on the side glass and 30% on the rear screen.
I was really pleased with the result !.
The slow graduation looks brilliant.
If you go very dark on the rear side windows, especially on the Gen1 version, with glass being totally clear, it can give the visual impression of a “Cut & Shut” from the side profile 🤣.
My tint guy refuses to tint side glass from the “A” post forward.
He told me:- “If you want that doing, then you need to go to Global, I will not tint front glass.
The tint will be darker at night and when it rains, worth considering this as well !.
Any chance you could attach some pics of the tinting pls

BF5AD677-EC63-41B2-B20D-4B8DFD05C68C.jpeg
A47AD1AB-92AB-4E8C-B0C4-628E8DBD59D4.jpeg
9CDB84C8-8A9C-4200-995B-D84EA21BEA28.jpeg
02BDE0C9-4C04-47ED-9919-2E58E6CF91B5.jpeg
It’s hard to show the slight transition between the factory tint in the driver glass and the 15% slight increase tint on the rear door glass.
Which is the very thing that I wanted to achieve !.
The rear screen is a tint darker at 30%.
I will upload some shots, but I am not sure if you will be able to see the gradual transitions to be honest ?.
I much prefer this gradual increase in tint Tom the front to the back.
The original ZS EV had no tint on the glass and when I had mine done at 30% it looked good, but the side profile transition was very abrupt, between the drivers door and the rear door glass.
Very noticeably on days when it was either dull or raining strangely enough.
I wanted a chance to correct this when we upgraded to the ZS EV face lift model.
It’s a personal thing of course, but I am very happy with the results now.

It’s hard to show the slight transition between the factory tint in the driver glass and the 15% slight increase tint on the rear door glass.
I will upload some shots, but I am not sure if you will be able to see the gradual transitions to be honest ?.
The original ZS EV had no tint on the glass and when I had mine done at 30% it looked good, but the side profile transition was very abrupt, between the drivers door and the rear door glass.
I wanted a chance to correct this when we upgraded to the ZS EV face lift model.
I like the transition, it does look really good.. I will go for the same when my car finally arrives.

View attachment 8805View attachment 8806
9cdb84c8-8a9c-4200-995b-d84ea21bea28-jpeg.8807

30548D6C-BEAF-47E7-AC14-481C2B5E985F.jpeg
570A489A-29B1-44D0-9339-76CEB005812E.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom