Brand New Tonight!

đź‘Ť
I went for 15% in the rear side windows and 30% ( darker ) on the rear windscreen.
Why ?.
Well I had my Gen1 model done from the “A” pillar back in the darker 30% which did a great job, but because the Gen1 had NO tint at all, when you looked at the car side on, the difference between the front side glass and rear side glass was extremely noticeable.
When it was raining 🌧 it looked even more noticeable.
The new face lift has a very slight “tint” on delivery.
I wanted the tint to be more graduated on its side profile this time and therefore less severe.
The local tint guy I used, has been tinting windows for almost 20 years now.
He recommended I went for 30% but said that it WILL look more natural with a gradual tint increase, when looking at the car from the side view.
I trusted my gut reaction and went for 15% on the side glass and 30% on the rear screen.
I was really pleased with the result !.
The slow graduation looks brilliant.
If you go very dark on the rear side windows, especially on the Gen1 version, with glass being totally clear, it can give the visual impression of a “Cut & Shut” from the side profile 🤣.
My tint guy refuses to tint side glass from the “A” post forward.

Presume you mean B post ? as the only thing forward of the A post is the windscreen đź‘Ť

Haha well black is my fave colour too. Behind the ZS is my old car Mokka, will be going soon to its new owner.
I am planning to have my rear windows tinted at 20%, install glossy shark fin aerial and wind deflectors very soon.
I just had my 2nd hand ZSEV tinted by www.tintwise.co.uk - privacy tint level on the rears and the minimum on the fronts. So much better now! cost ÂŁ280 inc vat. Highly recommend.

IMG_5880.JPG

That looks very spanky indeed. Is there any factory tint at all in any of the window glass?
Not quite sure but I read on the other thread that the Gen 1 ZS has not tint at all and the facelift version has a “very thin” tint.

That looks very spanky indeed. Is there any factory tint at all in any of the window glass?
NO - The Gen1 ZS EV is clear glass all round.
The Gen2 facelift model has a very slight factory tint to the glass.
I tinted both models but throttled back on the strength of the tint on the face lift, due to the factory tint.

I've ordered ZS EV connect red on November 2021 and till now there is no news when I'm gonna get it first they told me march after April and May then July and now September MG is a real joke.

I'm getting mine tinted on thursday from Awan Styling in Simonstone near Burnley

They've got great reviews on google. not sure how dark i'm gonna go but i'm thinking dark esp as the rear view mirror isnt auto dimming

I'm getting mine tinted on thursday from Awan Styling in Simonstone near Burnley

They've got great reviews on google. not sure how dark i'm gonna go but i'm thinking dark esp as the rear view mirror isnt auto dimming
Curious how much is it costing? Many thanks

This was a dealers ex showroom display car, I lucked out as a walk-in after checking MG stock finder. I had no idea there was such long wait times! If anyone is after a black MG5 (I know, wrong room!), they have stock in the Bath branch as of yesterday.View attachment 9002
Nice colour, is it a 'connect'?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom