Brutal acceleration…….

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi,

I‘ve just come back from a trip out with a pal in his Tesla model 3 performance. Oh my goodness me, the acceleration was savage when he booted it from rest. A significant and hard push in the back which was so strong I had trouble catching breath for a moment & then watching the numbers on the speedo climbing rapidly! It was just as bad when I drove it despite being in control and knowing when to expect things. Lovely to drive and of course much much lower than the ZS. I’m struggling to see where you would use such performance in everyday driving.

If you do get the opportunity to go in one then take it - you certainly won’t forget it.

Rob

Have you seen the video of a race between 2 Alpha supercars and a Telsa, 1 Alpha was well behind but the other kept pace with the Telsa all the way, due to the fact that it was on a trailer being towed by the Telsa :D

Had one for 2 Years now. Rear tyres lasted 10k miles, fronts not much longer - worth it though. 3.2s 0-60mph 😎😎😎. Goodness knows when we will finally get the Model Y in the UK.
1631026912156.jpeg

Last edited:
Many households have more than one car - mine is no different. I like the ZS for what it’s targeted to do - it works fine.

Many households have more than one car - mine is no different. I like the ZS for what it’s targeted to do - it works fine.
I agree. We have my ZS for tip trips, 2x4 lengths of timber from the woodyard etc. and comfortable long distance cruising. My wife has a Mini Cooper e for out and out fun and boy racer performance. My son has a Honda e with high tech toys which is used on an almost daily round trip commute of 80+ miles. Suits our family fine and not a whiff of petrol any where.

hard acceleration in ZS will just leaves it wheel spinning.... done that too often unfortunately.

whats best solution? better tyres, i'm guessing.

would wider wheels have a significant impact?

Hi,

I‘ve just come back from a trip out with a pal in his Tesla model 3 performance. Oh my goodness me, the acceleration was savage when he booted it from rest. A significant and hard push in the back which was so strong I had trouble catching breath for a moment & then watching the numbers on the speedo climbing rapidly! It was just as bad when I drove it despite being in control and knowing when to expect things. Lovely to drive and of course much much lower than the ZS. I’m struggling to see where you would use such performance in everyday driving.

If you do get the opportunity to go in one then take it - you certainly won’t forget it.

Rob
Went in a 100D Model S once with ludicrous mode on it, this was at fully charged show at Silverstone around 2years ago.
The Tesla owners club where doing a shuttle service from the car park to the expedition hall via part of the race track, and as we got too the start of the track section the driver stopped and ask as anyone experienced the launch myself and too others in the car said no so he check we where all belted in put the car into LUDICROUS and floored it.
Ho my god unbelievable the power was and that was with 5 people in it but I agree where would you use it in everyday driving, my MG5 is quick enough for me thanks but very nice in the right place I don’t recall any wheel spin either.
Les

I was caught by surprise the other day by the acceleration from half to full pedal in ECO mode, that pedal mapping curve must be quite steep from the halfway position.
Pedal map.png

Never had my ZS spin the wheels and I have tried the acceleration from 0 to 60 a couple of times.
Do you weight a lot......lol :ROFLMAO:

Mine will try to wheel spin, if floor it from standstill in a straight line, surface grip conditions dependant.
The traction control handles it in a straight line pretty well. If pulling out from a junction etc so are turning the steering wheel, then flooring it spins the wheel reasonably easy I've found.

Do you weight a lot......lol :ROFLMAO:

Mine will try to wheel spin, if floor it from standstill in a straight line, surface grip conditions dependant.
The traction control handles it in a straight line pretty well. If pulling out from a junction etc so are turning the steering wheel, then flooring it spins the wheel reasonably easy I've found.
Hmmmm.....weight a lot! What are you suggesting?

Must try harder, fancy a bit of wheelspin! :)

hard acceleration in ZS will just leaves it wheel spinning.... done that too often unfortunately.

whats best solution? better tyres, i'm guessing.

would wider wheels have a significant impact?
This particular Tesla was AWD - dual motor

The first time I floored the pedal on the ZS, it took me by surprise. I don‘t know quite what I was expecting but for a second or so I was caught off guard, it took me a second or do to figure out what was happening as my subconscious was expecting a lot of engine sound!
I find that the road surfacing is not great where I live so it is very easy to spin wheels even with low power on a wet road. Thin tyres whilst they help economy, sacrifice grip.
I have been unable to get my model3 performance to spin its wheels due to it being 4 wheel drive and having a wide chunk of rubber. i haven’t yet messed around with the track mode (too much of a chicken in my older age and no tracks nearby) on it where you can set the bias to RWD but presumably it does that by cutting or reducing power to the front motor, not transferring power as on a impreza sti.
i love both my cars but prefer the zs for daily driving as it has better clearance and visibility and in my mind is quieter at high speeds than the mod3.

I would have thought that you would be used to the quiet delivery and power of an EV, especially as you’re also running a M3P.

I would have thought that you would be used to the quiet delivery and power of an EV, especially as you’re also running a M3P.
At the time I only had the zs, and that to for a month. Previous cars being hybrids or phevs. Always had the engine kick in under hard acceleration. just wasn’t used to eve being quiet then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom