Thanks. I've looked through those papers I was given. I was rather hoping it might be accessible via the tablet, but I can't find anything there either.

You should have had the certificate of conformity in the glove box unless you have a lease car and they've removed it. The build date is near the bottom in the American format.
IMG_20231102_062605996~3.jpg

What I have done in the past when there is no paperwork showing a date, is to look at the stickers on components and wiring. I dont know if they will only be in Chinese but worth a look. The latest dates will give an indication that the car was built relatively soon after that. Thats my theory anyway, based on the ‘just in time’ system.

Ian, thank you. I shall look again through all the paperwork I was given.

Cooper, thanks.

I have used your method to ascertain the build date of our outgoing car, the FRV. The seatbelt labels had the latest date of 07/2008.

So the car was built around 17 months before it was registered to us at the very end of November 2009.

I never got a certificate in my car :(

The VIN does not contain the manufacture date either, only the model year.

It's on the bottom of the phone shelf mat.

I am the OP.

Are you saying the build date is on the charging mat?
Yes, on the back there's a square graphic table with months and years on it, the build date is indicated by a dot in the corresponding year and month.

That will just be that date of manufacture of the mat, you'll find the same on most of the other plastic parts
I know it may not give the exact date, but it tells you that the car was built after that date.
My mat shows Nov 2022 so when I got the car in June 2023 it was no more than 7 months old.

We didn't get a user manual in the UK, other than the one built into the car screen / app. (Many of us did though get a Certificate of Conformity and the build date is on that).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back