Burnt smell when starting heater

RamseyLewis

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello,
When i turn ON the heater (with or without a/c) it smell like burnt electronical thing. I have the car since march and already used the heater a few time, but since 2 weeks i noticed this smell. It doesn't last very long (a few minutes) and It's not every time. I read something in another thread, someone said it was normal when the heater was not used for a long period of time. Do you already had this bad smell ?

Thanks

It's just the dust that's settled on the heater element quite normal on startup of heater
Thanks ! I'm relieved. Do you know where the heater is located ? I my last car it was under the glove box. Maybe to clean it a little bit because It's really annoying.

Can you recall what an electric fire, with dust that has settled on the heater elements smells like ?.
Similar smell - right 🤷‍♂️ .
The resister heater on the ZS EV has a lot in common.
As you rightfully pointed out, you had your car in March 2022 ( as did we ) and therefore the heater has received very little use, now it has turned colder it is now getting some work to do, hence the strange smell.
Ours was the same, when we first started using it.
It was the same when we first had our Gen 1 ZS EV in 2019.
@Alb is spot on, the more you use the heater, then smell will gradually get less and less each time.
Using the App to pre heat the car is a brilliant feature over the previous Gen1 model.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom