• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Cable length

edwardrobert

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, first time user on here. I’ve recently ordered the long range ZS. I was wondering if any one could tell me the length of the type two cable that’s provided please. Many thanks.

Unless it is in your deal you will have to buy one. 5m 7.5m and 10m available. If you,search the forum you will find suggestions for suppliers.
you will get the granny charger as standard with the car.

Unless it is in your deal you will have to buy one. 5m 7.5m and 10m available. If you,search the forum you will find suggestions for suppliers.
you will get the granny charger as standard with the car.
Does it not come with a type two cable as standard then? You have to purchase one separately?

Not sure if the dealer has confused you with the granny charger which comes with the car, it has a 3 pin domestic plug on one end and a type 2 plug on the car end.

Hi, first time user on here. I’ve recently ordered the long range ZS. I was wondering if any one could tell me the length of the type two cable that’s provided please. Many thanks.
When you pick up your new car, do the usual inspection and then "notice" there's no type 2 cable.

"Where's the type 2 cable? Every other manufacturer supplies them as standard!"

Worth a try. :)

When you pick up your new car, do the usual inspection and then "notice" there's no type 2 cable.

"Where's the type 2 cable? Every other manufacturer supplies them as standard!"

Worth a try. :)
no they could give you one when you pick it up, its worth asking anyway.
Always worth a try, nothing to lose.

Ask your dealer to chuck one in, can only say no at worst.
That's a great idea. I wish I had thought of that. My MG5 came with a three pin only, had to buy a Type 2. But with hindsight, in reality, I will only ever use CCS and they come with a tethered cable anyway, so I probably won't use the Type 2 much, but worth having in the boot.

That's a great idea. I wish I had thought of that. My MG5 came with a three pin only, had to buy a Type 2. But with hindsight, in reality, I will only ever use CCS and they come with a tethered cable anyway, so I probably won't use the Type 2 much, but worth having in the boot.
always useful to have a type 2 in case you are stuck with a dead ccs and ac is your only option!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll certainly try and get one thrown in. I am surprised one isn't supplied at standard though. My current EV (Peugeot e2008) had a type 2 cable supplied but not a granny charger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom