Calling MG5 owners - your opinions invited

So the range is at worst 150 miles and you have 20% left? So the real world motorway range is 180 miles?
That would be a conservative guestimate, I plan a long drive from Suffolk to Chorley when things ease up a bit, it's 260 miles or so and I need to work out my stops maybe Kettering first then Stoke on Trent next.

That would be a conservative guestimate, I plan a long drive from Suffolk to Chorley when things ease up a bit, it's 260 miles or so and I need to work out my stops maybe Kettering first then Stoke on Trent next.
U need 2 stops if you are 100 full at the beginning ?

U need 2 stops if you are 100 full at the beginning ?
That's what I plan to do, things may change, all depends on the conditions, how the car performs and I want to arrive at each point with enough range so if it's not possible to charge I can get to another charger. It may turn out different.

260 miles is easily in one stop range. 150 miles to the stop, arrive on 10%, charge to 80%, drive 110 miles and arrive on 15%. We absolutely belted it 104 miles from Milton Keynes to Norwich, 75mph where possible, and used 60% of the battery. Real motorway range at 70mph is around 165 miles.

260 miles is easily in one stop range. 150 miles to the stop, arrive on 10%, charge to 80%, drive 110 miles and arrive on 15%. We absolutely belted it 104 miles from Milton Keynes to Norwich, 75mph where possible, and used 60% of the battery. Real motorway range at 70mph is around 165 miles.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, just being cautious, I will be ok after my first long distance trip which I used to manage on a full tank of diesel. If what you say is the case, it looks like I could do the same, can't wait to try it.

All my journeys so far look like I can cover the same range/distance. The cars performance really surprises me and the range/GOM seems to have improved the more I charge it, the only thing is trying to adjust to an ev mindset from the ICE age.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom