Can’t change radio station

Robin666

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi everyone. This feels like a silly question, but has anyone had trouble changing radio station? I navigate to the Radio tile on the infotainment screen, select the radio station and press play. It’s plays, hurrah. However, changing station is a different story. I choose another station from the options, and nothing happens. Nada. It keeps me on the first station I selected.

I’ve restarted the infotainment system by holding down the home button. But still the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Thanks 😅

On my MG5 I have 6 presets for DAB as trying to find anything is a bit hit and miss

Recently I lost Classic FM (one of my favourites)when my wife asked me what all the icons buttons did. The DAB radio reported the channel was unavailable. Later I found the list of channels button and scrolled through until I found Classic FM and selected it, it tuned. Looking at the list they appear to be ordered by the multiplex they are transmitted on, hence the failure to change favourites when the next/previous channel button is pressed.

Getting no radio stations listed on DAB or FM now. Just this blue spinning icon.

The radio is only tuned to an 80s station and I think I might lose the plot 😅

I’m on the R40 version of infotainment.

IMG_8346.jpeg

Getting no radio stations listed on DAB or FM now. Just this blue spinning icon.

The radio is only tuned to an 80s station and I think I might lose the plot 😅

I’m on the R40 version of infotainment.

View attachment 18955
You see the little wheel right side all by itself if you press this and I think it takes you to setting, then I think there a drop down screen and in there is a reset tab if you press that it will reinstall the radio. My dealer had the same problem on his car it solved it for a few days but came back. You could try this and if comes back you know it will need to go in.
I am doing this from memory it my be not correct but some where in the screen system there is a rese.

Hi everyone. This feels like a silly question, but has anyone had trouble changing radio station? I navigate to the Radio tile on the infotainment screen, select the radio station and press play. It’s plays, hurrah. However, changing station is a different story. I choose another station from the options, and nothing happens. Nada. It keeps me on the first station I selected.

I’ve restarted the infotainment system by holding down the home button. But still the problem persists.

Thanks 😅
Yes I had the same problem. Just picked up the car from MG and they’ve updated the software. Seems to be working so far.

Same here in Italy with my LR trophy M2..no solution with 12v negative battery cable disconnection.. I'm waiting for an answer by the MG assistance. No sound at all. Now the radio stuck in one dab station. I think the radio module has broken and they need to replace it.

With mine, I can flip between stations, but I have no sound at all from any station. Moving the volume up and down, turning the radio on and off, powering off the car, re-booting to info system and no change at all. Nothing plugged into the USB ports
Message every time I start the car is: USB Disk Identification Failure.
Car booked in on Aug 3rd for this.

I ended up taking the car back to the dealer who did a software update. Only had the car back a couple days but seems ok so far. I also had CarPlay problems and they sent some instruction on how to fix. Will post in the relevant thread.

The software is the real downfall of this car. I really like everything else but have little confidence in the software.

Thanks 😅
I have the same problem on my trophy will be booking in to dealer next week

I definitely solved the issue by removing for half hour the 2 intertainement fuses in the box in front at the passenger seat. I don't remember the number but they are simple to individuate in the user manual. This operation reboot completely the radio system. All the others type of reboot didn't work. Now the system works perfectly.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back