Can’t change radio station

I have the same problem on my trophy will be booking in to dealer next week
I had this problem middle of last year it was followed a few days to a week later with the 12v battery going flat. After going to the dealer they could not find any fault until a 3rd call to the AA and he persuaded them to take the car and they replaced the battery. Since then it has happened twice, unable to change station on radio then battery goes flat, as an expert at opening car with physical key I just jump the battery and put on charge. Now if radio problems I just disconnect battery, leave a while and everything resets OK. Appears that there is a drain on the battery, think VW ID had similar problem with it repeatedly trying to connect to their servers non stop and failing till it drained battery. Don't thing it worth taking back to dealer so will leave till next service

I have a slightly different radio issue with my MG4 XPower. I've got 2 'Favourite DAB stations' and select GHR Berks & North Hants, but every morning it changes to GHR Surrey, not a major issue, just a bad reception, but when I select the radio 'window' I can't select my favourite station as it appears 'greyed-out' so I have to do the 10 second reset with the Home tab. Anyone else get this problem?

I had this problem middle of last year it was followed a few days to a week later with the 12v battery going flat. After going to the dealer they could not find any fault until a 3rd call to the AA and he persuaded them to take the car and they replaced the battery. Since then it has happened twice, unable to change station on radio then battery goes flat, as an expert at opening car with physical key I just jump the battery and put on charge. Now if radio problems I just disconnect battery, leave a while and everything resets OK. Appears that there is a drain on the battery, think VW ID had similar problem with it repeatedly trying to connect to their servers non stop and failing till it drained battery. Don't thing it worth taking back to dealer so will leave till next service

I had exactly the same issue. Finally taking it in tomorrow for a service and software update which should solve the issue.

I have a slightly different radio issue with my MG4 XPower. I've got 2 'Favourite DAB stations' and select GHR Berks & North Hants, but every morning it changes to GHR Surrey, not a major issue, just a bad reception, but when I select the radio 'window' I can't select my favourite station as it appears 'greyed-out' so I have to do the 10 second reset with the Home tab. Anyone else get this problem?
Ours is really picky over favourites on fm (can't comment on dab as there isn't any here in our patch of southern Spain ). It seems as if the signal strength is low then it greys it out and won't play it. Though if you manually tune to that frequency it works - but with occasional drop outs and African stations cutting in. Theres a balance betwen sensitivity and selectivity in fm tuning - seems as if MG are just a bit weighted towards good reception areas.

@henry this is really interesting because the radio stopped for me again at the weekend and today my battery went flat 😩
My radio stopped working and a few days later my 12v battery was flat. It's only happened once, but I've often wondered if the two were related. When I attached my booster pack to restart the car the first thing that told me the car was back to life was the radio coming on.

Hi everyone. This feels like a silly question, but has anyone had trouble changing radio station? I navigate to the Radio tile on the infotainment screen, select the radio station and press play. It’s plays, hurrah. However, changing station is a different story. I choose another station from the options, and nothing happens. Nada. It keeps me on the first station I selected.

I’ve restarted the infotainment system by holding down the home button. But still the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Thanks 😅
I’ve had this on my ZS using DAB and FM. Stations fade in and out.
Long story short , been back to dealer for software updates , didn’t work, changed radio module , lasted a week now no radio at all.
This also drains 12v battery if left more that 2 days.
Booked back into the dealership for the 4th time , same problem.
I’ve had the car 6 months now and the radio hasn’t worked for more than 5 days in a row.
MG need to sort this well known fault.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums