Can anyone tell me the benefits of the software upgrade for the ZS EV?

This is all MG has said about the comfort 2 upgrade
Dear Dealer Colleague,
The motor industry is ‘ever evolving’ and MG UK is no exception. During the lifespan of a vehicle model, various changes are made to interior trim, exterior cosmetics or system functions to ensure that it features cutting edge technology and remains attractive to the motoring public. After detailed analysis of customer and engineering feedback, MG has decided to release the 2nd Generation of Comfort System Operation. This new generation of operational strategies include changes to:
 Faster system self check when powering ‘ON’
 Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
 Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
 General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
 Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
 Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the IPK display
 Vehicle range always on display in IPK
 Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes
All MG ZS EV models produced after Mid June 2020 will include the 2nd Generation of Comfort System Software. Whilst all the above involve software changes, they are NOT available to existing vehicles or owners as a ‘warranty upgrade’.
If a dealer decides to load new software into existing vehicle modules it must be considered a chargeable operation funded by the dealer.
If a customer requests that software is installed into their vehicle it should be considered a retail operation and funded by the owner/dealer – MG will NOT pay any warranty claim associated with software installation.
NOTE: Changing the vehicle software may affect the current operating strategy that is personalised by the owner and is irreversible.
Yours faithfully, Harvey France Head of MG Aftersales MG Motor UK Limited.

That list sums it up. It doesn't sound that impressive but actually having had it done (at £90 cost) I am enjoying the car much more. Just the removal of the bonging was worth that to me! I still agree we shouldn't have to pay for it mind. And yes I agree the lack of climate is really quite shocking nowadays. But my advice is do have comfortPack2. Cheers. Paul

I created this video a month or so ago

Hi Mike,

Nothing to do with your video (which I have seen, well done). Its your suspension mods, how are they going? I phoned your guys and expressed an interest in buying the suspension mod kits but was told just recently (less than a month ago) they are still tweaking them.

Is it worth doing?

Regards

Frank

PS I was considering wrapping my car as per the MG you will see in the showcase but it works at at £2500 and I thought if I was willing to spend that much then new suspension would be a better choice.

Hi Mike, welcome and thanks for your videos.

I agree with your comments that the eZS suspension has not been setup for Europe.

Any guess if it’s possible to retrofit adjustable stiffness or ride height?

Hi Mike,

Nothing to do with your video (which I have seen, well done). Its your suspension mods, how are they going? I phoned your guys and expressed an interest in buying the suspension mod kits but was told just recently (less than a month ago) they are still tweaking them.

Is it worth doing?

Regards

Frank

Yes we are still tweaking them. I’m awaiting a new set. We are getting close. It will be worth doing, but it’s not going to be cheap. I’m guessing around £800+ vat for the parts plus fitting. That is stage 2 with both front & rears. They will be offering a stage 1 kit with just the rears only which will be less than half that cost.

Hi Mike, welcome and thanks for your videos.

I agree with your comments that the eZS suspension has not been setup for Europe.

Any guess if it’s possible to retrofit adjustable stiffness or ride height?
Thanks for the welcome. I’ve not been on here for a long time, even though I was one of the first to register :ROFLMAO:

No they will not be adjustable. The ride height is governed by the springs not the dampers.
The car could be lowered with shorter springs, but that is not what I’m interested in. If anything I would go up! My last ice was lifted a total of 70+ mm over standard.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom