Can bind, but cannot send HVAC commands in iSmart App. Help!

Optimas76

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've been struggling with this for days so desperate for any help!

I have bound the car to the iSmart app and can lock and unlock the car by sending remote commands. When the car is charging and the bluetooth symbol is showing on the app I can also send HVAC and other commands. However, when the car is not charging, the Bluetooth symbol goes out and Im only able to send lock and unlock commands but nothing else.

Is this something to do with the car going to sleep? I've tried locking and unlocking remotely to see if that "woke up" the car but to no avail. Surely the green network symbol should be enough to send commands? If not, is there a way to force the bluetooth connection so that other commands can be sent?

Sure it's something simple but read all the manuals and contacted MG customer service but they just sent me generic bumf about binding and logging in.

Thanks

Matt

The commands sent from the iSmart app are sent via 4G. The digital key uses Bluetooth.

Unless you've had a software update the car will not respond to HVAC commands sent from the app if it's plugged in but not charging.

The commands sent from the iSmart app are sent via 4G. The digital key uses Bluetooth.

Unless you've had a software update the car will not respond to HVAC commands sent from the app if it's plugged in but not charging.
I'm hoping my car has that update when it arrives. They know that people tend to charge their cars overnight when it's cheaper but less it plugged in until they drive away

Oh, thanks for letting me know!

Does that mean if I go out, unplug my car then lock it I would be able to send the commands via the app?

Surely that defeats the point of preconditioning whilst still charging to avoid draining the battery before departure?

I have a commute that's on the cusp of max range so am currently having to wear scarf and gloves in the car to get to work! If I could preheat without draining the battery it would make a massive difference...

If there is an update, how do I go about getting that installed?

Cheers

M

I'm hoping my car has that update when it arrives. They know that people tend to charge their cars overnight when it's cheaper but less it plugged in until they drive away
Exactly! Can't believe this hasn't been picked up earlier...

Several people have reported receiving a software update that allows the car to pre-condition while plugged in but not charging. If you complain bitterly to your dealer, he should install it.

Does anyone have any idea when is next mg update will be ? Or have you seen any news updated by mg ? Update of MG Ismart app

Is this about an MG4 or a Marvel R?
MG4

Several people have reported receiving a software update that allows the car to pre-condition while plugged in but not charging. If you complain bitterly to your dealer, he should install it.
Does it need to be done by a dealer? Do you know the version number of the update I should be asking for?

Thanks

M

Does it need to be done by a dealer? Do you know the version number of the update I should be asking for?

Thanks

M

All software updates need to be done by a dealer. I'm not sure if the number is known, but if you complain about that specific fault they should do it for you.

In which case I'll repeat the question you've been asked several times (and not just by me) ... Why are you posting in the MG4 board regarding app integration with the Marvel R? We cannot help you with the Marvel R! We might have experience with the app, but we have no idea regarding how it integrates with the Marvel R and/or what features are available.

No idea about other models, but it is certainly the case for the MG4 (the board in which this thread resides). :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back