Can you get the phone to pause during dialling?

STG

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

Not sure many know but on a mobile phone you can insert commas into a phone number to cause a pause of 1 second during dialling.

Example, in my contact list I have my wife's place of work and her extension number listed as 01877 987878,,,333 -fake number by the way

So when I phone her, the phone dials 01877 987878 then pauses for 3 seconds and then dials 333, what this means is after dialling 01877 987878 the work place answers the call automatically with "Welcome to Fred Blogs, if you know the extension number of the person then please dial it now else wait for the operator" and then the 3 commas means wait for 3 seconds (which is the time it takes to say "Welcome to Fred Blogs, if you know the extension number of the person then please dial it now" and then dials 333 (her extension number)

My skoda Yeti was to process the commas as the pauses however the MG does not seem to do this.

Has anybody got their infotainment to work with pauses? A long shot I know as not many people know this feature of mobile phones.

I got to be honest, I’m one that didn’t know about this feature on mobile phones.

When I phone my brother I have to use his ext so I will try to see if I can get it to work in the car

Does it work if you use AA/CP (as relevant) in the car? (i.e. the phone is doing the dialling rather than the car processing it).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back