Can You Turn The Charge Port Light Off?

CarbonEV

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Just wondering if you can turn off the Cars Charge Port Lights?

ATM it’s charging and they’re just super bright screen out in the darkness.

Minor observation but is it possible?

Lastly,

When the cars fully charged but wire stays plugged in,

Will the 4 Green Lights that show it’s fully charged remain on until the cable is taken out?

Every time I charge (it's mainly at home overnight) I cover the charging port with a shopping bag. Partly for light and partly to stop the rain getting to the electrics.

hopefully some company will come up with snazzy design.

Every time I charge (it's mainly at home overnight) I cover the charging port with a shopping bag. Partly for light and partly to stop the rain getting to the electrics.

I’ve always thought the design of the charging port was pretty decent for keeping the rain out - has a little drain hole too. Have had the car charging unprotected in crazy rain with no issues for over a year. Famous last words though and all that.

The charge port is safe in the rain without a cover, the design of the cable and socket was developed (not by MG) to prevent any issues. There are various videos showing a whole load of water being thrown over the cable when charging without issue, personally I have plugged in the cable and charged many times when it's been raining heavily.

Why do you want to get rid of it anyway? It indicates by quarters how much charge there is and what is happening. Green is charging, bright blue is charging complete with the cable locked and light blue is cable unlocked.

It’s extremely bright and li

Too bright at night.

Car is shining like a beacon as its the ONLY EV on the estate :D

The lights go out when ithas reached its charge point and balanced.

I did notice this, so that was a bonus.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel