Can you turn the radio off completely?

meveringham

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I think you can do this from the radio screen but is there another way to turn off the volume/sound on the radio completely from the hard buttons or main screen, or can you only turn down the volume to minimise it?

I think you can do this from the radio screen but is there another way to turn off the volume/sound on the radio completely from the hard buttons or main screen, or can you only turn down the volume to minimise it?
This is a weird thing on modern cars sometimes - on my Skoda you can only turn the radio volume down to zero via the knob OR turn off the whole screen, there’s no quick way to turn off the radio.

Modern car screens are a travesty of interaction design.

On my current ICE car you can turn the radio off but you loose voice commands and hands-free phone calls. It looks like someone has complained about this and now they've removed the option of either/or and you get all.

Dont worry after a while it just turns off anyway, mine is dead again. Probably come back next time I use car. :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unless you've set the star key to climate ;)
I've set the star key to climate. I haven't had a chance to play around much, but the way mine seems to work, as far as the right hand star key is concerned, is:

• without pressing the star key first, the right hand toggle works the radio,
  • if I press the star, then the right hand toggle works the climate,
  • if I then press the star again, the right hand toggle is back to working the radio.

I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to work, but I like it like this!

That's how it is supposed to work. Same as if you press the middle button then the toggle switch operates the right hand portion of the driver display - press it again and you're back to the media control. :)

That's how it is supposed to work. Same as if you press the middle button then the toggle switch operates the right hand portion of the driver display - press it again and you're back to the media control. :)
I wish the climate control favourite would time out after use rather than relying on the second press to disable it again. I keep pressing it to change temp and forget to press again. I then “turn the radio down” and after five minutes I wonder why I can’t feel my feet any more.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back