Cancel order or wait and resell?

leafowner

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've got an order placed last march for a ZS EV LR trophy. Now getting a car elsewhere.

Not sure what to do about the order. Its an early order so should have the sunroof. Was ordered using the nhs affinity scheme so a decent price.

Wondering if I should just cancel the order or keep the order and resell when the car arrives. WBAC/motorway?

What do people think? Dealer rang me this week (first time they've contacted me) to say maybe end of january.

If you got the affinity price (£30k ish?) I'm sure you could make a few grand on it easily.....
I had 2 orders on with different dealers (at infinity prices) but chickened out of keeping the second order once my car arrived "out of the blue" in Sept.
How confident is the dealer on end Jan date? Is the car on the sea? Has it been built?
Good luck.

I'd stick with it and sell for a profit probably - I'm in a similar situation and dealer said we could drive it off the forecourt and sell it for me than we paid for it!

If you got the affinity price (£30k ish?) I'm sure you could make a few grand on it easily.....
I had 2 orders on with different dealers (at infinity prices) but chickened out of keeping the second order once my car arrived "out of the blue" in Sept.
How confident is the dealer on end Jan date? Is the car on the sea? Has it been built?
Good luck.
My confidence in the dealer isn't great tbh. So far as I know the car isn't built yet.

I ordered the same time as you and after being told mine was on a boat in august and again being told it has been built, my dealer has now said it hasn’t been built and will may not be built. They produced an internal letter that stated if my affinity scheme car did arrive, the price would not be honoured as they were a victim of their own success. I was not allowed a copy of the letter. I have also since found out that they didn’t even order until July.
If I’m honest I think the dealer have not ordered it at all and now face a loss at providing the car, hence the shady letter. Has anyone else heard about this?
They pretty heavily tried to sell a showroom mg 4 instead at a higher price than my order

I ordered the same time as you and after being told mine was on a boat in august and again being told it has been built, my dealer has now said it hasn’t been built and will may not be built. They produced an internal letter that stated if my affinity scheme car did arrive, the price would not be honoured as they were a victim of their own success. I was not allowed a copy of the letter. I have also since found out that they didn’t even order until July.
If I’m honest I think the dealer have not ordered it at all and now face a loss at providing the car, hence the shady letter. Has anyone else heard about this?
They pretty heavily tried to sell a showroom mg 4 instead at a higher price than my order
This is scandalous, I would/will be furious if I was in your boots (also still waiting ordered in May). Personally I would seek whatever paperwork confirming your order that that they will provide and would threaten legal action (however toothless that may end up being) if they don't pull their fingers out. Also hang around the dealership and loudly mention to any prospective customers walking in how your experience has gone 😂.

Might also be able to get some free legal advice somewhere to see where you stand? Some of these dealers are absolute cowboys...

As a follow up to my post earlier I cancelled my ZS order and just picked up my MG5 Facelift. Only had it 5 hours but very happy already.

This is scandalous, I would/will be furious if I was in your boots (also still waiting ordered in May). Personally I would seek whatever paperwork confirming your order that that they will provide and would threaten legal action (however toothless that may end up being) if they don't pull their fingers out. Also hang around the dealership and loudly mention to any prospective customers walking in how your experience has gone 😂.

Might also be able to get some free legal advice somewhere to see where you stand? Some of these dealers are absolute cowboys...
It’s nuts! Within the hard sell replacement is the “well you should order it before the end of December as the mg 4 prices will go up.

It’s nuts! Within the hard sell replacement is the “well you should order it before the end of December as the mg 4 prices will go up.
You must be being very restrained! I would strongly reccomend obtaining whatever paperwork you can if poss confirming order. I would/(will?) completely lose it if they were speaking like this to me. How unreasonable of you to try and give them the tens of thousands of pounds you agreed to, all those months ago (!).

Regardless of anything else it's just downright disrespectful and discourteous in the extreme. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it. Sounds like you're in for a fight 😣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom