Car Cleaning steam

kitkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
just wondering how people clean their cars, persronally i use steam cleaner as it is very quick and also refrthereshes the inside of car, usually add white vinegar to water to help descaling boiler.

the advantage for me is the nooks and crannys like badged areas door sills where water cant reach, also carpets i have a cordless drill with brush on so can thoroughly agite the carpet while steaming, brings them up like new.
helps with depolish if you put ceramic coating on as well, have used on all my cars i have had over the past 6 years i swear by it using 2 ltrs of water as opposed to gallons, i use a TFR or all Purpose cleaner from Meguiars for any tar or hard dirt then steam it and wipe way outto 40 side of usually takes anything from 20 to 40 minutes but going at it i have done the outside of our old lexus 400h rx in 14 minutes timed it for curiosity.

anyway curious about how you clean your pride and joy

What is this "cleaning" thing ? 🤔

carwash GIF

Waterless car wash - spray on - leave five mins - take of the muck and cleaner with a cloth - polish up - lovely - doesn’t scratch.
Other times just a blow over with some TFL in the power washer.

just wondering how people clean their cars, persronally i use steam cleaner as it is very quick and also refrthereshes the inside of car, usually add white vinegar to water to help descaling boiler.

the advantage for me is the nooks and crannys like badged areas door sills where water cant reach, also carpets i have a cordless drill with brush on so can thoroughly agite the carpet while steaming, brings them up like new.
helps with depolish if you put ceramic coating on as well, have used on all my cars i have had over the past 6 years i swear by it using 2 ltrs of water as opposed to gallons, i use a TFR or all Purpose cleaner from Meguiars for any tar or hard dirt then steam it and wipe way outto 40 side of usually takes anything from 20 to 40 minutes but going at it i have done the outside of our old lexus 400h rx in 14 minutes timed it for curiosity.

anyway curious about how you clean your pride and joy
I have always been a hose, bucket and sponge man with Autoglym shampoo, dried with leather. About a month ago I was given two containers , that fit my karcher, by a friend who had just broken his.they are snow foam and polish. I’ve tried these to avoid getting swirls in the paint finish. They sort of work, I karcher with water first to remove dust and bits, then apply the snow foam everywhere, car completely white. Leave it 5 minutes while I have a cuppa, karcher it off and most of the dirt has gone needs a sponge in some places though. Apply the polish coat with karcher and rinse off then do the same again. Leave car to dry
and dry a few place with towel. Car is shiny,wheels clean,windscreen I find needs another clean as it smears.
So I won’t by buying any of this stuff but have found it interesting to try it out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom