Car Filthy thread 🤔

Harry 17

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So thought it would be a daft idea to post pictures of our filthy MG4s’ to garner which colour best disguises the day to day road grime and crap that inevitably ends up on our cars.

Would suggest the Black will be the worse for this particular topic, but who knows. It may throw up some surprises 😁

so pic taken of mine today, under horrible weather conditions over the last month, not been washed yet (though will be doing that soon 👍).

So what does yours look like after a proper dirt filled English Autumn?

Here’s mine, after 1500 miles ………..

Attachments

• 3D5C8F1A-8D4C-405E-A9D3-C7CCC3C6124A.jpeg
    3D5C8F1A-8D4C-405E-A9D3-C7CCC3C6124A.jpeg
    552.6 KB · Views: 271
Actually quite a good idea. Would be particularly keen to see a picture of the rear when dirty to get an idea what the build up on the rear screen is like without a wiper to keep it clear,

So thought it would be a daft idea to post pictures of our filthy MG4s’ to garner which colour best disguises the day to day road grime and crap that inevitably ends up on our cars.

Would suggest the Black will be the worse for this particular topic, but who knows. It may throw up some surprises 😁

so pic taken of mine today, under horrible weather conditions over the last month, not been washed yet (though will be doing that soon 👍).

So what does yours look like after a proper dirt filled English Autumn?

Here’s mine, after 1500 miles ………..
After all the flap photos on the ZS forum, this thread title didn't lead where I thought it would 😯😂

Interested on the feedback you get to the actual question though, and to see what colour does best.

To those who have washed their cars could you please advise if you can reach the roof ok without having to use a stool or whatever. I currently have a Ford mid sized SUV which is a bit higher than the MG4 but there is no way I can wash the roof without a stool or stepladder. I am 5' 8" and elderly so it is a bit dangerous in my case.

Yeh good topic Harry17 good to see I agree some cars do look very dirty very quick i did a thread earlier which I think you have seen about washing the Mg4 (sorry didn’t take any pictures before I washed it maybe next time ) but mine was explaining what to be aware of when washing the car with regard to the wipers and cleaning the screen of that car same applies to the MG5 as well.

But you know what the wife’s car is the red one after a week less than 200 miles it looked as bad as yours must be the colour I wanted her to have a white one but no got to be red she said £700 extra and still shows the muck, nice and clean again now perhaps till Monday or Tuesday.

Edit that colour the Orange like yours is beginning to grow on me and I didn’t like it when I first saw it.
Les

To those who have washed their cars could you please advise if you can reach the roof ok without having to use a stool or whatever. I currently have a Ford mid sized SUV which is a bit higher than the MG4 but there is no way I can wash the roof without a stool or stepladder. I am 5' 8" and elderly so it is a bit dangerous in my case.
One of these might work
Long reach car mop

1667110973136.png

I have ordered the Holborn blue. After 10 years experience with white...dirt magnet. I am steering away from white despite how great it looks when clean.

Tha best colour for a car I have ever had was my Skoda Superb Estate it was a called Champagne gold even when it was dirty it look clean of course the alloys where silver and soon got very dirty
Les.
D0D1140F-D511-41E8-87BB-090AE0B8E647.jpeg

Last edited:
I have ordered the Holborn blue. After 10 years experience with white...dirt magnet. I am steering away from white despite how great it looks when clean.
Good luck with the blue! Every blue car I’ve had has looked dirty really easily, and always had to be dried after washing off the water spots were really obvious. Hopefully this blue isn’t as bad!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back