Car not accepting charge, no pretty lights!!

jeremyrh

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So, last night my MG4 did not accept charge from my Ohme Pro. This morning I tried to charge it on Max Charging (no schedule) and it didn't work except when I went into the car and pressed Start Charging on the infotainment screen.
Tried it with the granny lead - same story - needed to press Start Charging, which I've never done before.
Also - another symptom - the lights round the charge port do not come on at all.
Has anyone experienced similar, or got an idea, before I take it down to the dealer?

Have a read of the Zappi failing to charge thread - is yours an early Trophy with 3 phase charging (no rear wiper)?

I've once had mine charge with no charging lights on. This was when I left the charger door flap open too long without attaching the cable and all the lights went out, but it still charged when I finally plugged in.

If I unlock my car during a charge it seems to stop AC charging and I have to press start charging to get it going again.

Have you checked the charging schedule in your Ismart App ?

Hmm well after a lot of faffing around I rebooted the infotainment system and now it seems to be normal again. But it's a bit worrying - what if I'd needed to be somewhere important today?

Where is the charging schedule in the app? I don't see it :-(

If your car is a phase 1 Trophy, you do need to read that thread.

CCU units being replaced right left and centre over this.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back