Car off and charging, how to see % of charge?

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So my MG5 is charging and it's off and unlocked. Someone said pressing the break or opening the boot will display the state of charge but nothing happens. I don't want to switch the car on incase it disconnects from the EVdot. Charger so is there any way of knowing how much its charged as the machine doesn't show it.

So my MG5 is charging and it's off and unlocked. Someone said pressing the break or opening the boot will display the state of charge but nothing happens. I don't want to switch the car on incase it disconnects from the EVdot. Charger so is there any way of knowing how much its charged as the machine doesn't show it.
Not sure if the same as ZS but without your key just go and press the button on the door handle !!!

Yes but unlocking it releases the charge cable and sometimes disconnects the charge. I ended up pressing the on button without my foot on the brake so it out electrics on but not into ready mode.

Press the start button 3 times, on, on, off and the display will show you your charge state for a minute or so.

Press the unlock button on the door with the key out of range.

Press the unlock button on the door with the key out of range.
This. Rather archaic way of doing it but it's the only way I have found that doesn't risk cancelling the charge. Risk is you forget to pick up your keys from where you left them.

If your sat in the car everything switched off press then let go of the brake pedal and change screen comes on showing percentage and miles available works on my 5SR always
Les

Mine too but only when on AC, doesn't seem to work on a DC rapid.

Only way I can get it to show on my MG5 Exclusive (Westminster Silver) is to press the Ready button. The charge might stop when you open the door but it will reconnect after a few seconds.
For me, the unlock/lock and foot brake suggestions don’t work.

Whilst outside the car, using the key, press the lock button. If the car is already locked the screen will pop up showing the % etc

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom