Car seat organiser

dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
The kids have been moaning about lack of cup holders in the back of our SE. I saw something similar on Amazon, and thought I can make that. So fired up the computer, and bashed this out on CAD, then printed it in PETG on my 3D printer.

Clips to headrest and has a cup holder large enough for a bubble tea cup (very important apparently), a slot for a mobile phone, and a couple of other spaces for bits and pieces. There's two hooks underneath for hanging stuff from. Now I just need to print another one to stop any squabbling! :ROFLMAO:

Car backseat organiser.jpg

I like this a lot. Thankfully I only really take the dog in the back of mine and he’s not getting a drinks holder (wouldn’t be compatible with the XPower anyway) 💦 😁
Nice design! 👍

I like this a lot. Thankfully I only really take the dog in the back of mine and he’s not getting a drinks holder (wouldn’t be compatible with the XPower anyway) 💦 😁
Nice design! 👍
I was going to say fill it with kibble for your dog but I guess the back of the seat would get just as wet but with dribble instead of water.

If that is steel, as it looks, it could be a nutcracker for anyone in that seat in an emergency stop or crash.

I guess it would be removed if anyone sat there...

Not wishing to be negative....:(

If that is steel, as it looks, it could be a nutcracker for anyone in that seat in an emergency stop or crash.

I guess it would be removed if anyone sat there...

Not wishing to be negative....:(
Obviously not his favourite child.

I've been in a crash in the back seat. That will do some serious damage. I had a cold chill run down my spine when I saw that.

Looks great though :)

The kids have been moaning about lack of cup holders in the back of our SE. I saw something similar on Amazon, and thought I can make that. So fired up the computer, and bashed this out on CAD, then printed it in PETG on my 3D printer.

Clips to headrest and has a cup holder large enough for a bubble tea cup (very important apparently), a slot for a mobile phone, and a couple of other spaces for bits and pieces. There's two hooks underneath for hanging stuff from. Now I just need to print another one to stop any squabbling! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 20691
Brilliant, how much would you charge me for one please

For the cost of printing, plus postage it would probably work out the same as buying the ones available on Amazon or AliExpress.

I will post the model files on 3D printing sites once I'm happy with it.
Thank you, much appreciated for getting back to me 👍

Having tried this with a child in the back, it's clear this would be dangerous for them in an accident, so I have removed it. I have got another idea, and I will post my mark 2 organiser for the rear once made.

In the meantime I have reused the hooks in the boot, and you can see it stops my charge cable from rolling around in the back now.
Hooks in boot SML.jpg

Having tried this with a child in the back, it's clear this would be dangerous for them in an accident, so I have removed it. I have got another idea, and I will post my mark 2 organiser for the rear once made.

In the meantime I have reused the hooks in the boot, and you can see it stops my charge cable from rolling around in the back now.View attachment 20857
Keep at it, it is great that you are experimenting and willing to share the files.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back