Car wash

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Probably a silly question but is the 5 ok in an automated car wash given it has those roof bars (and I guess possibly the charge door could become unlatched by the brushes pressing against it?)

Probably a silly question but is the 5 ok in an automated car wash given it has those roof bars (and I guess possibly the charge door could become unlatched by the brushes pressing against it?)
Never had any issues with any of the above in an automatic car wash, just make sure to disengage the auto hand brake and put it in neutral as soon as the conveyor belt takes the car and don't turn the car off

Never had any issues with any of the above in an automatic car wash, just make sure to disengage the auto hand brake and put it in neutral as soon as the conveyor belt takes the car and don't turn the car off
The nearest car was to me doesn’t move the car the washing heads move instead

Yes, the charge port door can indeed be opened by the brushes. It happened to me! Since then I’ve always locked the car while in the wash and no further problems. Re roof bars, I don’t have that worry (Excite).

Personally I wouldn't use one off those automatic washes with the whirling scratchers. I usually go to a local hand wash place.
Although we needed a jet washer recently so after buying one I plan on doing my own snow foamy thing if I can be bothered. :)

I always do my own. lucky enough to have a drive and readily available hose. I never use any additive, just plenty of running cold water and a sponge, takes about 10 minutes once a month or less. I do have a special brush to clean the wheels but it isn't much good. And occasionally I'll wipe it over afterwards with a fake chamois, and sometimes do the insides of the windows with whatever window cleaning product we happen to have. About once a year or less it gets a modest clean inside.

The did a great job of cleaning it at first service but it was mid winter and the car was filthy again by the time I got it home.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom