Carlinkit 4.0

MickB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
I'm having trouble connecting Carlinkit 4.0 to my MG4 Trophy when plugged in the light flashes green on and off
but on the main screen it just says connecting but never does connect after a few minutes the whole screen goes
blank what am I doing wrong.

I have the Carlinkit 5 and about 20% of the time it fails to connect. I unplug it and plug it back in again and that very often fixes it. I have noticed that if I have previously been streaming Spotify from my iPhone to a wifi speaker, then when I get in the car the Carlinkit seems to get confused. If I then go into my phone/Spotify and press play in there it seems to then connect to car play and jump into life… might just be a coincidence.

You may have to connect both bluetooth and wifi the first time. If you are asked for a pin/password try:

I have just tried using a Type A lead and it connects perfectly .
As intended.
Only the USB-A socket connects a phone (or dongle) to the infotainment screen.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 162454.png

When I said it works I meant when I plug the cable into the usb socket and the other end into my I phone car play works but if I plug the dongle cable into the usb socket and the other end into the dongle it doesn’t work

I have had trouble with Android Auto because I used a slow data cable as shown by a white plastic insert in the plug. Could this be the problem?

It tries to connect as it says connecting but after about 5 minutes the screen just goes black but if I connect using a data cable from usb A socket into my iPhone it works perfectly. I guess I’ll just have to use a data cable.

I have just tried using a Type A lead and it connects perfectly .
So does anyone know any dongle that does work.
IMG_7526.jpeg

Just trying this from evatmaster.com. It works but doesn’t come on automatically when the car is “ready”. You still have to press CarPlay and unplug/plug in the USB. Looks a lot better than the wire though. I’ll give it another couple of weeks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back