Carlinkit issue

Jonknee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Carlinkit minor issue. Help please!

Managed to finally get a Carlinkit 5.0 to work after updating my iPhone to iOS 17.

However, CarPlay initially shows a blank screen on the in-car display. Swiping the car’s screen edge, or activating Siri using the steering wheel button, brings up the CarPlay display instantly and it works.

Going back to the normal car display and selecting CarPlay again repeats the blank screen.

So CarPlay is working ‘in the background’ just not displaying till I ‘wake’ the screen up.

A minor issue as whenever I get a message or notification on my phone and the display isn’t set to CarPlay, the screen doesn’t automatically show it, just switches to the blank screen and I have to manually press something as above to instantly get CarPlay displaying.

Wired works in that the screen instantly switches from whatever is on the main display to CarPlay and I can interact with it straightaway.

I think I’ve tried every setting going in the Carlinkit settings. Have a start delay set up.

Anybody else have this behaviour and more importantly, fixed it? Is it just a quirk of the MG4 system and this particular wireless adapter?

On R40 software version.

Thanks.

Carlinkit minor issue. Help please!

Managed to finally get a Carlinkit 5.0 to work after updating my iPhone to iOS 17.

However, CarPlay initially shows a blank screen on the in-car display. Swiping the car’s screen edge, or activating Siri using the steering wheel button, brings up the CarPlay display instantly and it works.

Going back to the normal car display and selecting CarPlay again repeats the blank screen.

So CarPlay is working ‘in the background’ just not displaying till I ‘wake’ the screen up.

A minor issue as whenever I get a message or notification on my phone and the display isn’t set to CarPlay, the screen doesn’t automatically show it, just switches to the blank screen and I have to manually press something as above to instantly get CarPlay displaying.

Wired works in that the screen instantly switches from whatever is on the main display to CarPlay and I can interact with it straightaway.

I think I’ve tried every setting going in the Carlinkit settings. Have a start delay set up.

Anybody else have this behaviour and more importantly, fixed it? Is it just a quirk of the MG4 system and this particular wireless adapter?

On R40 software version.

Thanks.
Hi,

Did this work for you with Carlinkit 5.0.I am thinking of buying one. Did you buy from AliExpress or from Amazon? Plz help here.

The 5.0 is working for me save for the screen issue above. Phone calls are crystal clear. Not had a dropped connection yet. Fingers crossed. However I use it for my 25 minute commute to save plugging my phone in and out and have not used it for a longer journey. I will plug the phone in for those.
Incidentally, I also have the iPhone automatically switch to low power mode on connecting to CarPlay and it still works ok.
Used Amazon to purchase. Never used that other site.

hi guys, i’ve been using carlinkit. Any of you have the problem that the carlinkit needs to be unplugged and plugged back in everytime you restart the car?

hi guys, i’ve been using carlinkit. Any of you have the problem that the carlinkit needs to be unplugged and plugged back in everytime you restart the car?
Yes, some models have a hidden settings screen that has a boot delay setting you can increase, or just get a USB cable with a switch on it, saves any wear and tear unplugging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom