CarPlay keeps crashing

Maybe everyine should just get an iPhone lol
I moved to an iphone precisely because I was having so many issues with android auto.

The only issue I have had with iphone is that occasionally the audio will cut out on the DAB. Unplugging and reinserting the lead fixes it.

I have been using an iPhone 10S for 9 months with no issue. One thing to try is not start Google Maps from your phone but wait until it's plugged in then use the car menu to start the Maps; I've noticed iOS can get confused if it isn't the one that started an app.

I haven't tried this but I'll give it a go. I open maps on my phone, get the route set, and then connect the cables.

I haven't tried this but I'll give it a go. I open maps on my phone, get the route set, and then connect the cables.
I have noticed mine cuts out everytime I get a text message or email. It switches to Bluetooth source. Annoying, anyone know how to stop that?

I have noticed mine cuts out everytime I get a text message or email. It switches to Bluetooth source. Annoying, anyone know how to stop that?
I removed the Bluetooth link between them for this reason…didn’t need it as I always have my phone plugged in for CarPlay when in the car. I also use the side phone pockets (rather than in the centre console) to store my phone when plugged in and no longer have to issue with it disconnecting randomly.

Can anyone else confirm if the recent (end of May) update to iOS 15.5 has stopped carplay functioning on their MG eV?

This was the reason provided by the MG dealer today during the servicing. They stated a new firmware will be needed for the car to fix the problem.

Can anyone else confirm if the recent (end of May) update to iOS 15.5 has stopped carplay functioning on their MG eV?

This was the reason provided by the MG dealer today during the servicing. They stated a new firmware will be needed for the car to fix the problem.

I'm on the most recent version of 15.5
I have trouble with it "crashing" which makes it unstable / unreliable but I wouldn't say it has stopped carplay from functioning.
I didn't know there was a new firmware available, I wish the car would get updates like most of the other EVs out there :confused: (I know the new facelift version will address this)

Not had issues - only ABRP crashes if I don't open it on phone if using OBD connection rather than opening it via CarPlay. But, I did get software updates for AS-22-025 bulletin a few weeks back so perhaps I got this firmware update as part of that

Happily using 15.5 and haven't noticed any more crashing of Carplay than I usually get. As I mentioned it's now a lot better that I use the little side centre console pockets for my phone rather than stowing it in the middle by the USB connectors.

One thing to try is not start Google Maps from your phone but wait until it's plugged in then use the car menu to start the Maps
Same goes for Android Auto.

Simply plugging in the phone before starting the car allows the car to "find" my phone and selecting Android Auto immediately opens Google Maps.

I had issues with my old Android phone (cheap chinese make) it's was only a 4 core processor with 32gb of ram but running the latest Android version. The car simply wouldn't complete a connection to the phone, so it knew it was there but no apps appeared on screen. I upgraded to another cheap chinese handset but higher spec (8 core CPU, still only 32 gb) and it works perfectly (Oscal S60 cost about £100 and it's ruggedized so no worrying if I drop it or run over it :) )

Axe

On mine the choice screen comes up on the phone (to select Android Auto) but if you don't do anything it connects anyway.

Having said that, I am getting occasional drop-outs now, having previously reported I wasn't.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom