Carwow MG5 Review

Looks like a 10 year old VW Passat, yes
So what.....? Why is this important. Every review I see seems to criticise the car for its looks. I think that in the flesh (as it were) the car looks fine. I am more than happy with mine.
I have the original (52kwh "short" range) car and so far haven't found anything to seriously fault it. I think the bottom line is great value for money. I certainly think so.

So what.....? Why is this important. Every review I see seems to criticise the car for its looks. I think that in the flesh (as it were) the car looks fine. I am more than happy with mine.
I have the original (52kwh "short" range) car and so far haven't found anything to seriously fault it. I think the bottom line is great value for money. I certainly think so.
I quite like mine too - but, I can also see why people who prefer the IONIQ 5, I3, ID3, etc might not be so keen on it's conventional looks.

In all these reviews, the negative aspects of the car don't particularly impact me - otherwise I'd have chosen something else I guess.

Does any estate actually look good? They all look the same in my opinion. People buy estates for functional reasons rather than aesthetic ones. And in terms of practicality I don’t think you can beat the MG5 as an EV currently , I love my SR. It’s fast, spacious and easy to drive

I totally agree, value for money > flashy looks every day in my book.

I’m fairly unbiased I guess - waiting for delivery of my Ioniq5 (delayed to Aug) so got my MG 5 via subscription service short term.

Coming from an 18 plate A6 avant, I’m really pleased with the MG5.
Plenty enough performance
Very nice inside
Drives nicely.
Great VFM
Good range
Like the estate body shape.

My only gripes so far are with the inability to choose to turn on /off LKA without delving into infotainment sun menus.
Also adjusting the internal screen brightness at night seems very limited.

Very minor things - I agree with Carwow
Well done MG.

I’m fairly unbiased I guess - waiting for delivery of my Ioniq5 (delayed to Aug) so got my MG 5 via subscription service short term.

Coming from an 18 plate A6 avant, I’m really pleased with the MG5.
Plenty enough performance
Very nice inside
Drives nicely.
Great VFM
Good range
Like the estate body shape.

My only gripes so far are with the inability to choose to turn on /off LKA without delving into infotainment sun menus.
Also adjusting the internal screen brightness at night seems very limited.

Very minor things - I agree with Carwow
Well done MG.
Does the blue button on the end of the LKA stalk not turn it on/off? I'm not certain as I don't think I've ever pressed it.

I had to laugh at his reaction to the 50/70 power test, at 12 03 in the vid his voice altered, lol. I am very happy with my 5lr. I like the look of my black one more now with tints and bigger rims, but beauty is in the eye and all that.

Is the 5 same as the ZS where if you turn LKA off in the menus it stays off until you turn it back on and doesn't default back to on when you start the car up again ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom