Carwow MG5 Review

Not sure auto steering is the right term, you are advised after a fairly short time to keep hold of the wheel.

I'd always thought it was LKA which guided it round bends though, not some other entity.

Does any estate actually look good? They all look the same in my opinion. People buy estates for functional reasons rather than aesthetic ones. And in terms of practicality I don’t think you can beat the MG5 as an EV currently , I love my SR. It’s fast, spacious and easy to drive
I test drove a VW ID3, a Peugeot 308e GT, and the MG5 Exclusive SR. The handling on the ID3 felt a bit sloppy (too comfort oriented), and I'm not sure I liked having to operate all the controls through a touchscreen. The Peugeot was great to drive but had a 3 month waiting list and neither of those dealerships showed much interest in my P/X of an 11 month old Honda Jazz Hybrid. The MG was an excellent mixture of comfort and performance, well spec'ed, and the MG dealership gave me a P/X value on the spot. Zero percent interest and a 2 week delivery for the spec and colour I wanted clinched the deal. I'm very happy with my choice. I don't actually need a car as big as the MG5 and I don't need an estate, and I wish there was a way of turning off the radio without turning off the whole infotainment screen, but they are the only negative points. I look forward to the new Hatchback EV (MG4?) which I read about in AutoExpress is in the pipeline, and will certainly be interested if it is up to the same standard as my MG5.

I wish there was a way of turning off the radio without turning off the whole infotainment screen,
Can you just change it to an alternative source where you have nothing connected? I must admit I just keep the volume at 0.

The MG dealership gave me a P/X value on the spot. Zero percent interest and a 2 week delivery for the spec and colour I wanted clinched the deal.

When did you place your order to get it in two weeks?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom