Cash sales query

Aquila

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm paying for my car with cash bank transfer, The dealer could be requesting payment this Monday 31st October (he needs to clarify with manager), I have my registration number and the car should be ready to collect next week but should I be paying before I actually get my hands on the car?

I wouldn't - and I'm not. I'm paying cash on collection (will do debit card or bank transfer - whichever the dealer wishes). I paid my deposit using a credit card so I feel quite safe.

I suspect they're being cautious regarding the transfer of funds going through OK - they want to see the balance clear before they release the car.

Depends on dealership requirements. Frasers of Falkirk, debit card under £3k. BACS over £3k cleared into their account at least 24 hours before collection.

Alan

Depends on dealership requirements. Frasers of Falkirk, debit card under £3k. BACS over £3k cleared into their account at least 24 hours before collection.

Alan
I've just sold my old car to motorpoint money was in my account in minutes and when I bought that car I paid with my debit card on the day of collection....I'm a bit perplexed how a dealer can't do this? maybe extra security or something I honestly don't know, I also suspect it has something to do with end of the month sale's figures too.

when a large payment has to be made I send a small amount to the nominated account by BACS. When the payment is received and confirmed I can then send the large amount after checking the car out without fear of mis direction.

I'm paying by BACS on collection - Nationwide say you can only do £10k max in one go but I can do multiple ones of £10k without any issues.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back