Nicknack

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Our one year old ZS EV suddenly wont charge on motorway or similar (high or medium power via CCS). Just rejects the car with an error code. Can charge on home charger no problem but thats no good for a long journey.

Local dealership say they will look at it mid April. I've tried to be nice while explaining that's not ok.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

The only thing you can do is seek out another dealer and stay cool !

Sure it won't make any difference, but discount the 12V battery for a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our one year old ZS EV suddenly wont charge on motorway or similar (high or medium power via CCS). Just rejects the car with an error code. Can charge on home charger no problem but thats no good for a long journey.

Local dealership say they will look at it mid April. I've tried to be nice while explaining that's not ok.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
My dealer was quite happy to deliver the car brand new to us without DC rapid charging working.

They seemed unapologetic and not particularly hurried about sorting it either. I tried to explain to them it's like delivering a car you can't fuel, but alas I was given an appointment 2 weeks ahead.

I think a lot of dealers just are not that EV savvy, or at least the service departments aren't. It's like they think any problem is just somebody whining about a minor toy not working on it.

My dealer was quite happy to deliver the car brand new to us without DC rapid charging working.

They seemed unapologetic and not particularly hurried about sorting it either. I tried to explain to them it's like delivering a car you can't fuel, but alas I was given an appointment 2 weeks ahead.

I think a lot of dealers just are not that EV savvy, or at least the service departments aren't. It's like they think any problem is just somebody whining about a minor toy not working on it.
Thats shocking. Any idea what they did to sort it out? Another dealer has now told me to balance it by charging it to 100% and leave it on charge for a further 12 hours.
I was waiting for switch it off and on again !!!

Thats shocking. Any idea what they did to sort it out? Another dealer has now told me to balance it by charging it to 100% and leave it on charge for a further 12 hours.
I don't think this get sorted by doing a battery balance and to be told it takes 12 hours.....
Try disconnecting the 12V battery for 20 minutes. Like turning it off and on again.
Once reconnected drive it a bit to let it sort itself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ran a raft of updates across various control units and did some 'resets'.

The positive side affect was that I also got the Tesla charging 'fix'.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom