Centre console removal help

acme

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello,

I want to install ambient lighting in the footwell area of my MG4, and I'm planning to hide the wiring for a clean setup. This requires me to access the area beneath the centre console (between the front seats).

I understand that this might involve partially or fully removing the centre console.
is there anyone that has experience with this task on an MG4? If so, could you please share:

1. Detailed instructions or steps you followed to remove the centre console.
  2. Any specific tools or precautions needed to avoid damaging any interior parts or the vehicle's electrical system.
  3. Suggestions for effectively routing and hiding the cables for the ambient lighting.

Your guidance would be immensely helpful to ensure a smooth and safe installation process. I appreciate any advice or tips you can offer based on your experience.

Thank you!

I have looked at this too on my x power. There are no YouTube videos either. I did note circular plastic covers on the side walls, I intend to remove these with a plastic trim tool to avoid scratching the plastic & expect to find philips screws which should release the top section. Go slow though as they “may” also be where it is anchored to the floor. Being honest it will not be rocket science, just go slow & take mobile pics so you can reverse what you do. I will post again once I get stuck into my own. Sorry I wasn’t much help.

You need to remove the glove box, then there’s some trim you need to remove from the footwell centre console. This will reveal 10mm bolts, then you slide the chairs forward - there’s a bolt either side of the console you can access from behind the front seat. If they are pulled forward then you have a single bolt on the top of the console towards the rear. Hope that helps.

You need to remove the glove box, then there’s some trim you need to remove from the footwell centre console. This will reveal 10mm bolts, then you slide the chairs forward - there’s a bolt either side of the console you can access from behind the front seat. If they are pulled forward then you have a single bolt on the top of the console towards the rear. Hope that helps.
Helpful & informative. Thank you. ⭐

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel