Keith Harris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
After having my useless hubcaps removed (now I can actually inflate the tyres) I’m looking for a centre mg cap but I’m finding it a little confusing size wise, has anyone got any recommendations for my ZS EV please

Here is the size and below a link to the centre caps.

Wheel Centre Caps  2023-12-11 at 13.32.02.png

Amazon product ASIN B0BLLKDV9Q

Wheel Caps 2 2023-12-11 at 13.35.22.png

Attachments

• Wheel Caps 2 2023-12-11 at 13.35.22.png
    Wheel Caps 2 2023-12-11 at 13.35.22.png
    566.1 KB · Views: 52
After having my useless hubcaps removed (now I can actually inflate the tyres) I’m looking for a centre mg cap but I’m finding it a little confusing size wise, has anyone got any recommendations for my ZS EV please
I love the hub caps. So easy to replace if get scuffed and easier to clean than my BMW mags. Sorry can't help.

The below are listed on Amazon as suitable for the MG4 but I would double check the dimensions against the measurements provided in the photo below.
You then check the size against your ZS EV Gen1 also.
I suspect the measurement are the same, but just check 👍.

4Pcs Car Hub Centre Caps for MG MG4 2022-2023 ABS coated with chrome Wheel Center Caps with logo Replacement Centre Protect Cover Styling Accessories,56MM https://amzn.eu/d/1dDCKsb

IMG_2099.jpeg

@smallbr I agree! The plastic aero covers clean up so easily with a brush and soapy water. I don’t find the alloy wheels attractive at all, so I’m happy they are covered up.
I have no problem with the design Susanna , it’s just I couldn’t inflate the tyres which for me was a bit of a problem

Hi Keith,
I appreciate that it's a nuisance to screw on a short valve stem extender temporarily before measuring and topping up tyre pressures, and removing it afterwards, but that's what I do if I don't like the look of the pressures displayed by the TPMS .

Problem for me was I took more pressure out than put in, still all sorted now just waiting for my new MG centre pieces and I’ll post a photo

Hi Keith,
I appreciate that it's a nuisance to screw on a short valve stem extender temporarily before measuring and topping up tyre pressures, and removing it afterwards, but that's what I do if I don't like the look of the pressures displayed by the TPMS .

I bought an adaptor that screws onto the tyre pump, and turns it into a "push and lock" fitting instead of the screw on fitting - problem solved!

OK, here's the thing & has been covered a number of times here & on other ZS EV fora:

The hubcaps are usually fitted incorrectly from the factory (potluck) and are not necessarily rotated to the correct position. Only one hole is designed for the air valve to correctly project.

Remove the caps by gripping at the centre of the cap, fingers close to the middle & pull. Look closely at the holes & you will find that one cut-out is a little different, slightly larger & closer to the edge of the wheel. Rotate & align this with the air valve and press back on. Viola, no problems in inflating via an air pump.

It took my son (a mechanic) about five mintues to figure this out and rotate for me. The hub caps I find very useful & they ceratinly stop wheel rash (unlike the gen 1 alloys) & if damaged, can be easily & inexpensively replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom