Change blindspot warning light from orange to red

Robonus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

I've been quite annoyed by the yellow/orange blindspot warning light in the side view mirrors regarding that it's the same orange colour as the direction indicator light. When passing cars in the adjacent lanes, that warning symbol keeps going on and off, looking like I have my direction indicator lights on. Quite annoying in these dark wet days if you'd ask me.

That's the reason a lot of cars have a red warning symbol light in the mirror.

I'd like to know if someone already has tried to open up the mirror and change the orange led for a red one. I can't imagine I'm the first one who wants to attempt that, but I can't find anything about this.

Image for example:

2024-01-24 08_12_26-Window.jpg

I agree it is confusing as you catch it around the corner of your eye. Could I suggest that rather than change the passing cars to red, change the directional signal to green? Red can be a bit darker for the eye to pick up on bright days?
I think that there might be a little of the kids' green translucent paint about the house, might give the indicater cover a going over, easier than changing the lamp?

Last edited:
Maybe turn the indicator volume up so you'll know if you've left them on due to the loud ticking. I've turned it down as the original setting was a little irritating.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back