Changes to ZS EV Trophy Specs

Nicko

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My dealer contacted me yesterday about the changes to the specifications of the ZS EV. He advised it will not affect existing orders. There is no connect version now as all Trophy versions will have the connect specification automatically, no panoramic roofs will be fitted to any cars ZS, HS etc and is not an optional extra. The cost will increase another £500. This will be in force from the 1st July. I still did not get my delivery date lol

It was a bad idea to have a separate Connect version in the UK to begin with - no other country has this apart from UK!

The sunroof going away is surely going to be big step back :-(

The sunroof is one of the best features IMHO. I'd sooner have that and an option to upgrade the wheels, and lose the faux leather.

On a good note, hopefully it'll make the current Trophy version more desirable on the secondhand market.

It was a bad idea to have a separate Connect version in the UK to begin with - no other country has this apart from UK!

The sunroof going away is surely going to be big step back :-(
I 100% agree with this, I never could understand WHY MG offered the Trophy and then the Trophy Connect alongside it for the U.K. market !.
It just over complicated the whole production process.
Dropping the sun roof is a huge mistake in my opinion.
That does simplify the build process because all cars will now receive a solid roof, it removes one of the main reasons why some people are prepared to pay the extra money to receive it.
Adding in the connect feature as a straight swoop is a bad move.
I would take the sun roof over the command feature every single time !.
One of the command features is “Open the sun roof”.
Well, that’s been deleted from the list straight away !.🤣.

I 100% agree with this, I never could understand WHY MG offered the Trophy and then the Trophy Connect alongside it for the U.K. market !.
It just over complicated the whole production process.
Dropping the sun roof is a huge mistake in my opinion.
That does simplify the build process because all cars will now receive a solid roof, it removes one of the main reasons why some people are prepared to pay the extra money to receive it.
Adding in the connect feature as a straight swoop is a bad move.
I would take the sun roof over the command feature every single time !.
One of the command features is “Open the sun roof”.
Well, that’s been deleted from the list straight away !
.🤣.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'd happily get rid of Amazon and take steering wheel rake adjustment, rear cabin light, LED boot light & driver memory seat! Having to fiddle the position when someone else is using the car too, is so irritating. First world problems, I know.

On a good note, hopefully it'll make the current Trophy version more desirable on the secondhand market.
I agree !.
A full electric pan sun roof is roughly a £1500 pound option with other manufactures.
Removing this and adding £500 to the price is a major blow.
The current model is a much better buy !.
I think the demand has just increased again.

Last edited:
It looks to me as if there won't be a lot of return customers to the MG Brand after all this has been done. What with the terrible Customer Service, the delays (not MG's fault granted), the hit and miss delivery service and now on top of all that the news that the MG ZS will lose it's sunroof, cost £500 more and the Connect dropped making it not much better than the SE model. And with no grant any more it won't be that appealing to future customers against other makes and models.

Such a shame if they get rid of the Sunroof - everyone who has seen mine has remarked this is one its best feature.
saying that there really isnt much extra in the connect version to warrant an extra spend on it.

Its a bit confusing with the rumours flying around regarding models available in the future. If I’m advised my Trophy Connect LR is not going to turn up (despite havIng been told it’s built and awaiting shipping) then sorry to say I’ll get my early December deposit back and head towards a Kia Nero EV.

Yes, losing the sunroof is definitely a retrograde step, I was prepared to fill out for that. What I didn’t realise is that the voice commands are only available with the Trophy Connect. Not sure I would have spend the extra for that and Amazon though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom