Changing alloys on a MG ZS EV 2022

NFN

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, does anybody know if the alloys of a MG ZS petrol 2020 or 21 will fit a MG ZS EV 2022. Tried to look up sizes and dimensions and seem to be same but saw a set on eBay and they said that they wouldn’t fit the EV?

Hi, does anybody know if the alloys of a MG ZS petrol 2020 or 21 will fit a MG ZS EV 2022. Tried to look up sizes and dimensions and seem to be same but saw a set on eBay and they said that they wouldn’t fit the EV?
Would help if you post tyre size of ebay ones

EBay ones are without tyres. Tyre size doesn’t seem to be the issue as listings I’ve found show 215/55R1794V

Other data is 7J x 17 ET41 PCD 5 x 112
57.1mm centre bore and M14 x 1.5 lug bolt fastening. These seem the same for both from what I can find. Seventeen years in motor trade tells me they interchangeable but now I’m a wary maths teacher!

Sounds OK to me that tyre size would of been no good on Mk1 EV as 215/50/17 and would throw the speedo out 215/50-R17 tires are 0.85 inches (21.5 mm) smaller in diameter than 215/55-R17 tires and the speedometer difference is 3.2%
Mk 2 is 215/55/17
Screenshot_20220417_001214.jpg

Can't find pcd or et but sounds right

But have seen somewhere 66.6mm centre bore on the EVs but can't find so be careful before purchase

Now I am thinking that is aftermarket wheels then add sprigt ring to make smaller sorry for any confusion
57.1mm sound right now🤔

OK try this should help
Be cautious with this. I found a lot of inconsistent and incorrect data on the 2020 ZS model with respect to PCD etc. There are also different wheels (some are optional) on the various petrol and hybrid ZS models too. It's a nightmare!

Hopefully data on the new models is correct, but those sites have a bad track record.

Edit: I found it difficult to accurately measure the PCD at dealers. The difference between PCD patterns is small, the nuts are rounded, and you typically don't have much time or space to do an accurate measurement. I was doing this to find a space saver tyre that would fit the 2020 ZS EV. You can't get them in Australia for the EV, but you can get them for some petrol models.

Last edited:
Hi
As far as I remember when I was first looking at ev’s I looked at a mg zs (but I purchased a Mg5 lr in the end) and me being me looked at the wheels and thought the wheels on the petrol excite model looked better than the ev wheels
So I did my research as I do and found out the wheel pcd on the petrol/diesel model was 5x100 and the ev was 5x112
So be careful photos below of petrol/diesel and ev specs below
Happy wheel hunting
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
3327C524-D608-4A13-8097-9A8567D3382A.png
9FDAF917-22F5-4060-9FCE-ED8F9BA8CAB2.png

And this is why it's good here
experience is everything and knowledge can be dangerous
lovely bit of information
if only the seller would of said it won't fit 😝 I wounder if he found out the hard way

Last edited:
Hi
I forgot to add that if you take a wheel off all the info should be stamped on the inside of the wheel
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I have a feeling that on the ZS EV ( Gen1 ) it has different wheel hubs, that have been taken from the older MG HS.
Larger hubs with larger bearings to help with the increase in weight of the car.
I would imagine that the new face lift has the same hubs as the Gen1 version.
This was first brought to light, when the recommended space saver wheel from the petrol model, was sold to ZS EV customers and it would not fit the stud spacing !.
They pulled the sale of the space saver and then introduced the space saver from the older HS model.
So, it would appear that the stud pattern on the ZS ICE model and the EV model ( Gen 1 ) are different.
It’s down the wheel hubs used on the ZS EV.

Last edited:
WHY would you want to do that?

WHY would you want to do that?
Hi
To be different 👍🏻
I’m on my 54th car and everyone of them has had a set of alloys put on first then the car modified to the look which the wheels give it
It’s not to everyone’s taste but is something I do to all of my cars
Here’s my mg5 with aftermarket alloys
2E677CFD-77FB-4D5C-9415-8AEAA06F8024.jpeg
668B8D18-75E4-4245-89FD-9FD584741718.jpeg

Hi
To be different 👍🏻
I’m on my 54th car and everyone of them has had a set of alloys put on first then the car modified to the look which the wheels give it
It’s not to everyone’s taste but is something I do to all of my cars
Here’s my mg5 with aftermarket alloys
View attachment 7987View attachment 7988
Er, ok. Each to their own I suppose. I suspect you’ve heard this before, but you should be aware that vehicles are type approved with a type or type of wheels and using anything other that those could cause issues with insurance. If you‘ve done this multiple times then you will know this. I’d suggest that you have spent quite a lot in the process. Do you put the original wheels back on when you sell the vehicle? personally I would keep well away from a car with aftermarket wheels. Cheers

Er, ok. Each to their own I suppose. I suspect you’ve heard this before, but you should be aware that vehicles are type approved with a type or type of wheels and using anything other that those could cause issues with insurance. If you‘ve done this multiple times then you will know this. I’d suggest that you have spent quite a lot in the process. Do you put the original wheels back on when you sell the vehicle? personally I would keep well away from a car with aftermarket wheels. Cheers
Hi
Yes I let the insurance know of any modifications even as small as putting stickers on the car
As for wheels when I am fitting them I always make sure they are the right spec most people don’t even think of how much weight each wheel can carry
This is especially true when you see Renault trafic’s and Vauxhall vivaro’s with bmw alloys on with wobble bolts because the stud pattern is not quite right and fully loaded bet they haven’t declared that to their insurance
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom