Changing drive mode vs one pedal driving

Fred59

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
While driving with the one pedal drive mode selected on, changing the drive mode using the left star button seems to impact the one pedal drive option, in other words, the one pedal drive mode is suddenly turned off. As an example, when the car is started, the drive mode shows 'Normal', when choosing the mode 'Eco' while driving, one has to click multiple times on the left star button passing 'Sport', 'Custom' and 'Snow' to get the 'Eco' mode. It looks like that when passing 'Snow', this impacts the earlier selected one pedal drive option. Does anyone has the same experience?
Naturally, the big wish would be to be able to keep your selected drive mode every time you start the car.

Not tried this, but I do know one pedal is not available in snow mode as only low regen available in that mode. So once Snow selected, as it will briefly when you toggle through drive modes, it will turn off one pedal driving. If you changed via touch screen directly to modes required it would remain in one pedal I'd presume.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I've had this. I'm also wondering if my LKA came back on too 😒.

I didn't twig it may be as a result of cycling through SNOW mode so I'm going to experiment further next drive and will report back 👍

I've noticed this too but hadn't realised it was because of the regen restriction in Snow mode.

I can't see why the Star button for Drive modes doesn't allow you to go up (to Sport etc) or down (to Eco) via the joy stick rather than cycle through the whole selection.

I fully agree, why no option for the Drive modes under the Star button to go up or down instead of the current situation where you can't go down...

Yeah have noticed the same when cycling drive modes. Rather disconcerting to find OPD had been switched off.
I now try and just use custom and adjust that as needed while driving as it’s less presses/checks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back