Changing the deal before delivery?

Hino

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have a LR ZS EV SE in order (7Jan) originally told March delivery but now told end of May.

When I placed the order I asked about the Affinity programme, the sales person told me I didn’t qualify and the LR weren’t included at that time anyway.
Whilst I wish away my life waiting for my new car I have been having a look around and seen that another dealer is offering the same car for £3K less on the Affinity Programme, they also list my occupation as eligible (Military)

Can I go back to my dealer and insist on an Affinity deal or am I now tied to my original deal?

Who funds the Affinity discount? MG or dealer?

Thanks for any advice

MG funds the affinity discount. So you can go back to the dealer and check with him.

May be worth checking if you can cancel the order and go with the other dealer who is willing to offer the discount. Not an ideal situation but 3k difference is quite a bit. You could also risk the deposit. Different dealers work differently IMO. I was in a similar situation and moment I told my dealer that I was looking to cancel as I had already found another dealer offering me the affinity discount, he worked his way up to get me the affinity discount. Just comes down to the dealership.

Well hino, I can’t answer your question about the affinity deal, but if I had an order a vehicle and had paid let’s say £500 deposit if i was able to get a deal that was to give me 3 grand off I would be saying bye bye to the first deal and losing my £500 deposit and still be £2500 better off but I would go to my first dealer and telling him that’s why I’m cancelling the deal I had with you because I have a better offer from elsewhere bet you a fiver he will match it if he wants the business. Try it £500 down £2500 up why not.
Les
Edit Just seen Mihir post after I wrote this but think we are on th same page.
Les

Last edited:
If not willing to give you your deposit back, maybe negotiate to get accessories or future service for the deposit amount.

My thoughts are try getting your deposit back and go with the cheaper deal. But thinking about it, the dealers are short of cars and might be pleased to have your ordered car in stock, and sell it to someone who is prepared to pay nearer to the RRP.
£2500 buys a lot of accessories 😃😃

I have a LR ZS EV SE in order (7Jan) originally told March delivery but now told end of May.

When I placed the order I asked about the Affinity programme, the sales person told me I didn’t qualify and the LR weren’t included at that time anyway.
Whilst I wish away my life waiting for my new car I have been having a look around and seen that another dealer is offering the same car for £3K less on the Affinity Programme, they also list my occupation as eligible (Military)

Can I go back to my dealer and insist on an Affinity deal or am I now tied to my original deal?

Who funds the Affinity discount? MG or dealer?

Thanks for any advice
Spoke to other dealer and confirmed like for like price including Part Ex. Have now emailed current dealer of my order and told them and give them option to match. Also told them that if I cancel my order I would not expect to lose deposit as I placed the order on the basis of information they provided at the time which was actually incorrect. New dealer says that delivery would still be around the same time (June / July) he claims that it doesn't matter if you place an order today or 2 months ago as they will all start arriving in the next few months.

I have a MGZS Trophy on order. Had a call from my dealer on Mon they are getting a delivery of SE and trophys mid march. So you may get your car sooner then you thought.

I have a MGZS Trophy on order. Had a call from my dealer on Mon they are getting a delivery of SE and trophys mid march. So you may get your car sooner then you thought.
Well the dealer has now said there was an error at the time of my order and they will honour the Affintiy Price, around £2-3k cheaper now!!
Super happy about it but a little frustrating - if they had gave me the discount in the first place I probably would ordered The Trophy or even the connect!

Is affinity only available to cash buyers?
Screenshot_20220218_021732.jpg

Going to test drive a se lr today but will be ordering a trophy soon through affinity does anyone know if you can pay the finance off early
Yes you can, the dealer specifically told me to take the finance and then cancel after a month and pay it off (If I was ordering a Trophy or Connect) you won’t get the £1500 PCP contribution if you order the SE. You get the £1500 Govt grant instead.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom