Charge Control Unit Recall

Ayoull

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just had a text from Cars2 saying car has an outstanding recall, asked what it was regarding, and was told there's an mandatory update for the Control Charge Unit thats been issued by MG.

Edit:

Car variant: MG4 SE SR

Last edited:
Well my car is in there in pieces at the minute. Saga continues. Replaced the ccu today and still not working. They now have two cars in bits all over the workshop. Still can't find the problem. Wonder if they have tried updating the ccu. Sadly losing faith in MG and its way they try solve issues.

Just had a text from Cars2 saying car has an outstanding recall, asked what it was regarding, and was told there's an mandatory update for the Control Charge Unit thats been issued by MG.

Edit:

Car variant: MG4 SE SR
Could you post a copy of the text, or even better, a confirmation from MG that there is a recall on the MG4 for the CCU? - thanks.

It'll likely be a Service Campaign (SC) or Technical Bulletin (TB) rather than a Recall Campaign (RC).

In January when I got the recall done, I also had AS-22-TB053 which updated CCU, GW and IPK.

In March I had AS-22-TB061 which updated BCM, and AS-22-TB059 which updated FVCM.

Mine was in today to resolve an issue with AC charging. First thing I was told was there were some updates that MG have asked to be installed, and when I collected it they believed it had resolved the issue (it hadn't) so maybe that was the CCU update?. Back in again next week.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back