'Charge delayed' message

AndyH102

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Zappi refuses to charge car, get message 'charge delayed'.
Car is closed and locked. Schedule is set in the car to match cheap rate 0030 to 0430, but disabled.
Tried force charging using mobile MG app, get message 'Please insert charging plug' when it is locked in car.
Appreciate all help!

Zappi + Octopus?
I guess you like to have the cheap rate from Octopus. They will delay the charging to a time slot that they have surplus electricity.

Hi Waterstoney, yes I have Octopus as my supplier.
I have set a schedule 0030 to 0430, all 7 days of the week.
Friday night I was able to charge the car from 0030 to 0105 when it abruptly stopped. Last night, no charge to the car at all. However I was able to charge the house batteries at the cheap rate.
This morning I scheduled a trial, 0900 to 1000 and Zappi obliged and stated charging at full rate.
So at the moment I am running out of ideas. Any suggestions you may offer, greatly received. Andy

You might be suffering from this problem:

If you find it does the same on a granny / other AC chargers but works fine on DC.

Did it work ok in the past?

Hi Waterstoney, yes I have Octopus as my supplier.
I have set a schedule 0030 to 0430, all 7 days of the week.
Friday night I was able to charge the car from 0030 to 0105 when it abruptly stopped. Last night, no charge to the car at all. However I was able to charge the house batteries at the cheap rate.
This morning I scheduled a trial, 0900 to 1000 and Zappi obliged and stated charging at full rate.
So at the moment I am running out of ideas. Any suggestions you may offer, greatly received. Andy
I would like to install solar like you.

I am using Ohme charger. After plug-in charge cable, I need to approve charging on Ohme app.

I disable charging schedule on my ZS with iSmart. I use Ohme charging schedule to be ready by 7:30am and charge 25%. Ohme/Octopus will decide when to charge based on grid load. It could start charge a little at beginning and finishing charging before I go.
Screenshot_20231122_063014_Ohme.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom