Charge port lock stuck

fanagolo

Novice Member
Reaction score
The charge socket on the car appears to have a locking pin at the 12 o'clock position that deploys to prevent the plug being removed. Mine appears to have become confused and is deployed without the plug inserted so I cannot properly insert the charge plug.

Is there a way to reset this or force a retraction, please?

I'm also concerned as to why this happened - is it a known issue, or perhaps need lubrication?

Thanks

I found and used the manual unlock and that worked OK so the immediate issue is solved, thanks.

I'm still keen to understand why this might have happened and what I can do to porevent it happening again.

Hi Fanagolo. It happened to me the other day. I think I did the lock unlock a couple times and once the car automatically locked after I failed to open any of the doors. This probably confused the locks. I had to stick a knife to push the locking pin back in.

How did you use the manual unlock? Is there a button somewhere?

Thanks for your response @shahsthegreat

The manual unlock is inside the boot, on the right hand side there is a small cover/ blanking plate perhaps 60mm x 30mm. Open that (I used a small screwdriver) and inside that is a pull (looks a bit like a cable tie) that retracts the pin.

This pin should retract when you n
Unlock the car, it has a servo that does this and sounds like it needs to be replaced.

On your remote, push the unlock button twice. If the plug is stuck and not able to be unplugged, do the same. Sometimes my plug is stuck as well and a double push frees it. I would think the pin retract would be the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom