Charge with car opened

fonologico

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m writing from Spain. I see in some videos that the 2019 MG ZS EV version don’t charge if car is open, is this true?
Thanks

Hi, I’m writing from Spain. I see in some videos that the 2019 MG ZS EV version don’t charge if car is open, is this true?
Thanks
Mine does not, but it does not worry me , got no issues , first service tomorrow , and was told an update but to radio , so if it ain't broke leave we'll alone says me

Mine does not, but it does not worry me , got no issues , first service tomorrow , and was told an update but to radio , so if it ain't broke leave we'll alone says me
there is an nfotainment update (SA020) and there is also the comfort 2 update which gets rid of some of the bongs and put the range at the bottom right of the little screen between the dials, and does a few other things, and there is also the EVCC update which fixes the problem of having to lock the car to charge on AC, and finally an update to the BMS, your dealer should at least do the infotainment and the BMS if you had the bugged version, they may charge to do the comfort 2 and EVCC update though. Mine didn't but some dealers did charge for that one.

Mine wouldn't charge without being locked, It's just recently been in for it's first service & it still doesn't charge unless it's locked & it's still on the 455v software, There doesn't seem to be any standardization between dealerships as to what gets done.... and I didn't get my first service MG teddy bear. :eek: :D

Mine wouldn't charge without being locked, It's just recently been in for it's first service & it still doesn't charge unless it's locked & it's still on the 455v software, There doesn't seem to be any standardization between dealerships as to what gets done.... and I didn't get my first service MG teddy bear. :eek: :D
its a different update to the BMS, it needs the EVCC update to allow charging when unlocked.

But just to clarify for @fonologico it does rapid charge (DC) with doors open, unlocked, car on too. And I believe it always has done without needing a software update

they may charge to do the comfort 2 and EVCC update though. Mine didn't but some dealers did charge for that one
Imho they shouldn't charge for any updates now. Facelift owners will be getting updates OTA and I doubt there's a charge for that. Also why should there be a charge when the fact there is an update is an admission the original software version was not 100% fit to do the job in the first place!

Imho they shouldn't charge for any updates now. Facelift owners will be getting updates OTA and I doubt there's a charge for that. Also why should there be a charge when the fact there is an update is an admission the original software version was not 100% fit to do the job in the first place!
agreed, they shouldn't have charged when it came out either!

Thanks
Yes it's correct mine is a 2020 model and won't charge when unlocked on my home charger. But will on a fast or raped. There is a software update. But I've never bothered.

It’s a shame that the software updates are there to help improve the cars features, but owners are reluctant to ask for them to be applied, due to the horror stories with some dealerships ability to apply them !.
They ALL receive the same service bulletins from MG - but the less confident dealers are keeping silent over there presence.
They prefer to do a quick 20 minute health check to comply with the warranty and ship the car down the road.
If they attempt the update and it goes wrong, they could spend hours putting the car right and not getting paid for it !.
That’s the truth of the matter I think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom