Charged EV - Warning

SDP79

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Warning about using Charged EV - This is a warning to all considering using this company and especially their Indra Smart Pro charger. I made the big mistake of having one of these fitted over 2 years ago. It ain't a pro and it is certainly not Smart!

It worked for a year then developed problems. It has been erratic since then.
Has problems connecting to the internet, even though it is hard wired to the router and everything else conected works fine! If it does not connect then it should still work but just as a plug in charger with no smart functions. No it certainly does not!

Does not work and I am unable to charge my car. Since raising this last issue I will now have to wait over a month till OVO - the company apparently responsible, to maintain these units to come to fix it - another company to avoid so it seems. No compensation is offered so as I sit here I have 2 pieces of junk attached to the side of my house that cost over £600 - they cost much more now. Be warned about buying from this company! If they do replace the unit - I can see no other alternative, then I get another years warranty! So it looks like in another year and a half I will be buying a replacement EV Charger!

They were the installer EO used a couple years ago for my Mini Pro2, at the time that was pretty much the only option for a small charger, although what I ended up with is a small charger and a fairly large plastic box on the side of the porch to fit the CU in.

Not that impressed with the Mini Pro2 either tbh it's only recently become somewhat smarter when I found out that ev energy can infact control it.

Warning about using Charged EV - This is a warning to all considering using this company and especially their Indra Smart Pro charger. I made the big mistake of having one of these fitted over 2 years ago. It ain't a pro and it is certainly not Smart!

It worked for a year then developed problems. It has been erratic since then.
Has problems connecting to the internet, even though it is hard wired to the router and everything else conected works fine! If it does not connect then it should still work but just as a plug in charger with no smart functions. No it certainly does not!

Does not work and I am unable to charge my car. Since raising this last issue I will now have to wait over a month till OVO - the company apparently responsible, to maintain these units to come to fix it - another company to avoid so it seems. No compensation is offered so as I sit here I have 2 pieces of junk attached to the side of my house that cost over £600 - they cost much more now. Be warned about buying from this company! If they do replace the unit - I can see no other alternative, then I get another years warranty! So it looks like in another year and a half I will be buying a replacement EV Charger!
Just checking that you have not installed a powerline adaptor, these can allegedly cause havoc with chargers.

They were the installer EO used a couple years ago for my Mini Pro2, at the time that was pretty much the only option for a small charger, although what I ended up with is a small charger and a fairly large plastic box on the side of the porch to fit the CU in.

Not that impressed with the Mini Pro2 either tbh it's only recently become somewhat smarter when I found out that ev energy can infact control it.
I have a EO Mini Pro 2 as well, never had a problem with it. Timer is set for 12.30 to 4.30, its been faultless?

I have a EO Mini Pro 2 as well, never had a problem with it. Timer is set for 12.30 to 4.30, its been faultless?
It's more the app is pretty awful, Ev energy can control them but there's a delay as it polls every 5minutes or so.

I did have a problem occasionally with it disconnecting from the car, particularly if it's a heavy cable (like the ohme one was, i think it doesn't take much for either the CP or PP to become disconnected)

It's more the app is pretty awful, Ev energy can control them but there's a delay as it polls every 5minutes or so.

I did have a problem occasionally with it disconnecting from the car, particularly if it's a heavy cable (like the ohme one was, i think it doesn't take much for either the CP or PP to become disconnected)
What problems does the 5 minute delay in polling cause you ?

I use the same ev.energy app with a Rolec EVSE and waiting a few minutes after plugging in for the confirmation notification that a smart charge is planned does not cause any problems.
Personally I find the app pretty easy to use, enter your tariff and bob's your uncle.

What problems does the 5 minute delay in polling cause you ?

I use the same ev.energy app with a Rolec EVSE and waiting a few minutes after plugging in for the confirmation notification that a smart charge is planned does not cause any problems.
Personally I find the app pretty easy to use, enter your tariff and bob's your uncle.
The charger starts charging immediately then pauses after 5-10mins once the ev energy backend tells it to.

Smart lock is enabled

Also on my last charge the estimated price was completely off but that might be due to my recent tarrif change. That said the tarrif code matches up so not sure if that was a one off or not.

That said it's not terrible and certainly a lot better than the EO app.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom