I can't wait for someone to merge Waze / google maps routing which i find far better then ABRP and the ABRP OBD2 data for real world efficiency and usage.
Google is defo getting better but not for auto calculating when charge is needed on route from beginning. If you get down to low miles you can ask google to find nearest charger and it will give you the options on a list to select, think it tells you speed too and you can set it up in settings with your plug type so it only shows compatible chargers.

I'm not even sure I've managed to get it through to Google that I'm driving an EV. The other day it told me that I was about to drive into a LEZ, and asked if I wanted to change my destination.

I can't wait for someone to merge Waze / google maps routing which i find far better then ABRP and the ABRP OBD2 data for real world efficiency and usage.
Apple’s carplay vision is to become the software that controls the dashboard. Taking over the screens. Hopefully fully integrated with all the sensors.

I am waiting for a route planner that finds the cheapest chargers on a route, rather pay 65p/kWh than 85p/kWh. Most of the one's I have downloaded do not let you filter by price

I'm not even sure I've managed to get it through to Google that I'm driving an EV. The other day it told me that I was about to drive into a LEZ, and asked if I wanted to change my destination.
Mines the same, even though I have an EV configured in my Maps profile 🤷‍♂️

(Daughter lives in Glasgow inside the LEZ).

I actually forgotten about this thread, thanks for the replies guys. I have literally just had my Ohme charger installed this morning, just went home and had a look at it, it seems pretty straight forward, i have set my MG app to charge from 00:01 until 04:59 or until it gets to 80% does this mean all i do is plug it in and at those times it will just charge? also can strangers charge there cars if they got the chance? i cant see anywhere to need a password ect

Thanks

You probably wont need to set the time schedule on the car just tell the ohme what tariff you are on and it will work out best way to charge, also the 80% is only advisable for long range vehicles but do a full 100% balance charge 1 a month at least.
If anyone plugs into charger nothing happens until you authorize it in the app so no-one can gobble your electric without you knowing.

I am waiting for a route planner that finds the cheapest chargers on a route, rather pay 65p/kWh than 85p/kWh. Most of the one's I have downloaded do not let you filter by price
ABRP lets you ‘like’ or ‘hate’ by company so I have it set to ignore InstaVolt, BP & Shell due to their pricing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back