Charging at 30amps

Simon 19662021

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a EO mini pro charger,and it charges at 30amps or 6900watts ,I rang EO and they said it was set up right? And it was the car? Not sure that is true?

I’m not sure what point you are making?
30 amps @ 230 volts is 6900 watts.
My Zappi is currently charging @ 6900 watts - or so there app tells me 👍

Both the ZS and MG5 have a 6.6KWh charger. On my MG5 it consumes 6.9-7 KWh, the excess above 6.6 being the inefficiency of the onboard charger, so 30A is normal for the car. N.B. many EV'S have 6.6KWh chargers e.g. the Leaf.

Both the ZS and MG5 have a 6.6KWh charger. On my MG5 it consumes 6.9-7 KWh, the excess above 6.6 being the inefficiency of the onboard charger, so 30A is normal for the car. N.B. many EV'S have 6.6KWh chargers e.g. the Leaf.
Agree - When the SOC on my ZS EV is low and then placed on charger, my home energy meter is displaying a demand of a little over 7.0 kw’s being pulled.
I have seen it touch 7.2 kw’s but remember the energy meter is displaying a total demand that the house is drawing at the same time.
So even late at night, the fridge / freezer etc could be still running when you connect to the charger.
When the battery has reached a SOC of about 97% the demand from the wall box will throttle back to about 3.5 kw’s. Then when it reaches 100% the demand will reduced further to about 500 - 300 watts while the pack is performing the balancing process.
When complete, the car will signal the wall box to stop the charge and return the unit to the ready state.

kW not kWh. Incorrect use here 3 times .........

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom