Charging at a Tesla Charger

MichaelJHunt

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
A long drive to Norwich and back today.

ABRP picked the Tesla Chargers at Thetford on the return trip.

No issues. Using their App just tap on the charger, plug it in and off it goes.

C480CD51-1789-4882-BB28-C1A5CFE03D49.jpeg

39FA2D4B-391D-4A0E-AD8C-F4197BB26318.png

20F29EF8-5DB7-4AD2-839B-178D6C5A2776.png

Nice, you came over to my neck of the woods.
This has inspired me to add the Tesla app to my phone, I'm sure they'll open up more sites to us eventually. And with the latest charging price raises, Tesla isn't any more expensive.

Looks good. Were there Tesla cars there too. Did they give you a hard look at all? Assume is was the CCS connecton...:)
A couple of tm3 EVs were there. No comments or funny looks that I noticed. I will say that the tm3 looks a really cheap car !

It was the CCS cable. Connection was no issue. The short cable on the charger reaches the ZS EV charge point as long as you park nose first close to the charger.

Last edited:
Would you please advise, is it only certain Telsa sites that have this facility or will I be able to use any Tesla site for my new ZS EV Trophy ?

I have just looked at ABRP. I can't see where it tells you how many chargers are at any particular station.

I think this is quite important when planning a route, I tend to pick stations with several chargers for obvious reasons.

I am sure ABRP does, but I cannot find where on a quick look...

Otherwise, it is quite clear where the Charging Stations are..
:)

I have just looked at ABRP. I can't see where it tells you how many chargers are at any particular station.

I think this is quite important when planning a route, I tend to pick stations with several chargers for obvious reasons.

I am sure ABRP does, but I cannot find where on a quick look...

Otherwise, it is quite clear where the Charging Stations are..
:)
In ABRP, go to Settings -> Chargers & Networks -> Minimum charger stalls & enter a number.

It will then only show charging stations with at least that number of chargers.

Thanks for that...

Not being picky, does it give a post code? If find this useful for the forever mental calculation to know how many miles it is away...:)

Thanks for that...

Not being picky, does it give a post code? If find this useful for the forever mental calculation to know how many miles it is away...
It does if you tap on the pin it drops on the map.
Whats ABRP?
"A Better Route Planner" - It's a route planning app for EVs.

Looks good. Were there Tesla cars there too. Did they give you a hard look at all? Assume is was the CCS connecton...:)
Glad that all MG EVs have charging flap either at the nose of the car or near side(passenger side), so it wouldn’t need to double parked at Tesla supercharger site, I think that would have wound some Tesla’s owners up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom